Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2004 Discovery For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2021 | 07:02 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Default 2004 Discovery For Sale

All, thanks for looking, it was just sold today.

In addition to the picture above, I'll post more pictures soon. Like other posts, I'm really not sure what price to ask but given the new AB engine has around 4K on it, I'd like 11K. I'm selling because I'm getting another car for an expanding family and its not practical to pay for insurance on this one if it will be stored for long periods. I'm looking to sell next month when my other car arrives.

Here's my spiel...

Hello, I am selling my 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2, in Arlington, VA. I am the second owner and purchased the vehicle at 73,000 miles. I have cared very much for the vehicle for the last 3.5 years. The body shows some minor signs of wear, including patina on the top. Mechanically, it is in perfect condition. Less than 5 months ago I had a new Atlantic British remanufactured long block engine installed (link below), and its still under the unlimited mile, one year warranty for another 7-8 months. It was installed by 4x4Land in Chantilly, VA (a very reputable Land Rover shop). It has third row seating. It's been used 100% as a family car and never off-roaded. It has no error codes and drives smooth and easy. Below is a list of items that have been updated throughout my ownership in addition to extra items that will come with the vehicle. Although this is an S model, I’ve added the SE bumper with fog lights and added the third row seating down to every nut and bolt from a donor SE7 of the same year/same interior color. The vehicle was purchased by the original owner from Land Rover Annapolis, Maryland. Since I purchased it, it has been in Arlington, Virginia. Zero Rust. No leaks. Never in an accident.

Vehicle Updates:

· New Atlantic British Engine Installed at 111,000 miles, current odometer reading is 114,xxx, so it has around 4,000 miles on new engine (https://www.roverparts.com/engine/lo...nes/9257DRL1K/)

· New A-Pillar trim (from Atlantic British)

· Heated Front seats, lumbar works well

· Third Row Seating

· Fuel pump less than one year old (Bosch-Atlantic British)

· Alternator less than one year old (Bosch-Atlantic British)

· Steering pump less than one year old

· Battery less than one year old

· Door actuator less than one month old (purchased new through Atlantic British)

· Back up/parking sensors

· Full size spare

· New rear drive shaft components (rear main differential seal, and flex coupler)

· New Updated Front shaft

· New Catalytic converters, less than two months old with all four O2 sensors replaced (all from Atlantic British, installed by 4x4Land in Chantilly)

· Miscellaneous new engine components (belts, pulleys/tensioner, master cylinder, etc.), new tires, brakes, rear rotors, brake pads, caliper pins replaced/lubed this summer

· Both Rear wheel bearings replaced this summer (Atlantic British)

· Shocks/springs 2-inch lift new as of summer 2019 (purchased from Atlantic British; Terrafirma)

· Nissens Radiator

· 180-degree thermostat and aluminum T-connector installed

· Wheel arch moldings were replaced two years ago

· Updated radio/speakers

· OEM Tow hitch w/wiring harness installed

· Rear entry OEM step and OEM grab bar

· Engine Oil replaced within last two months, Transmission oil/filter replaced 1,500 miles ago, front and rear differential oil replaced summer 2020

Extras:

· Additional OEM rear bumper in perfect condition (these are normally $500+ and had it as a spare just in case)

· Original alternator (it works!)

· Additional third-row seat back plate

· Privacy Cover

· Lots of miscellaneous interior and exterior pieces

Things that eventually needs to be addressed:

· Front Sunroof leak/rattle – I have to replacement parts to fix the rattle, I just haven’t completed it yet and if I don't, I’ll include this with the vehicle. The leak isn’t drastic but it happens on heavy rain days sometimes.

· Ball joints are showing some signs of wear and should be replaced in the future, per my mechanic.

Last edited by Kalliste80; 01-15-2021 at 01:03 PM. Reason: sold
Old 01-12-2021 | 08:13 PM
Rock Crawling

Ray,
If you sell it, later on you will regret it. I live in VA as well. Let DMV know it's been taken off the road and then cancel the insurance policy and store it in the garage.

Old 01-12-2021 | 08:23 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by TimInNova
Ray,
If you sell it, later on you will regret it. I live in VA as well. Let DMV know it's been taken off the road and then cancel the insurance policy and store it in the garage.
Tim, that's great advice because honestly I am already regretting it!! I have a covered space to store it and a month to sort this out. Thanks for the tip!

Old 01-13-2021 | 11:06 AM
6th Gear

Confused, first photo is a silver disco Ii but all the rest are black. Which one is for sale?

Old 01-13-2021 | 01:17 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by akrockhound
Confused, first photo is a silver disco Ii but all the rest are black. Which one is for sale?
Its Silver w/Black interior. Thanks, Ray

Old 01-15-2021 | 01:02 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by akrockhound
Yeah, that's totally strange. I'm unsure how the rest of the photos got in there. Regardless, it was just sold. Much quicker than I anticipated. Thanks!