Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2005 Land Rover LR3

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 03:27 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Land Rover LR3

I have a 2005 LR3 SE that I am looking to part with.

I purchased it back in August as a project and have just run out of time and motivation to see it through.

I work at a car dealer in a suburb of Minneapolis and we took this on a trade from the 2nd owner. Truck had 116xxx miles on it.

It was from Louisiana and I have the AutoCheck report to prove it was registered there its whole life. The AutoCheck report also shows a clean history.

Immediately after I bought it the "vehicle raising slowly" light started to come on. I bought the rebuild kit for the compressor and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

It clearly has sat in the sun down south for some time as the paint on the hood and top had the clearcoat flaking off. I paid a guy who does hot rods 1200 to respray and the results show. Same guy did the 3m 3 stage buffing on the whole truck. Dash is cracked from sun damage, I bought a super classy suede dashmat!

I changed the diff fluids front and rear as well as the transfer case fluid and it was dirty but no metal or rust to be seen. That being said the front diff does have a some whine to it under accel and decel.

I changed the lifting struts in both the rear gate and the hood as they were all weak.

I changed the original plugs with a new set of NGK laser iridium.

The Battery looks to only be a few years old but i have no way to confirm that.

At this point i had an inspection done on it as I am not that familiar with these trucks and i was toying with the idea of selling it (more my wife's idea than mine...haha).

Inspection results were not what i hoped:
-whine in front end most likely front diff bearing
-serpentine belt cracked and tensioner weak
-cabin air filter needs replacing
-brake fluid has high moisture recommended flush
-power steering fluid dark
-slight coolant leak on front of motor
-recommend trans fluid and filter change
-claimed rear end fluid was milky but this was only 1000 miles or so after i changed it...
-front and rear brake pads are at about 2-3mm of material left
-front lower control arm bushings worn (big surprise)
-front tires have some slight wear due to lower control arm bushings

I'm not sure how much I trust this shop as they looked slow and i think the guy wanted to drum up some business. When got back under the hood to check out the coolant and serp belt myself I noticed the band clamps on the intake were all loose...

I bought the adapter to pressure test the cooling system and with 30 psi of pressure there is some weeping of coolant out of the big plastic piece that ties the two heads together and houses the thermostat. You can see where it has been slowly leaking and then evaporating off.

I bought the kit to replace both belts, tensioner, and idler pulley.

I also bought the dorman lower control arms with ball joints.

I have both front and one rear wiper blade that I was going to replace when they got bad.

Truck is about 600 miles from needing and oil change.

Tires are goodyear SR-A. Fronts are about 60% rears 70%.

I have driven it about 2000 miles since I have owned it and the more i drive it the more i love it. However, I'm trying to reduce some debt in my life and its time to move on I think. I just don't have the time or money to see this thing through.

Looking to get out what I have into it but cash always talks

7250/ BO

Questions/comments always welcome...

Scott

651-485-4290

Old 01-09-2017, 07:40 PM
4th Gear

No inquiries....am I dreaming to think I would get this much? What's a good price for this?

Scott

Old 01-13-2017, 11:22 AM
4th Gear

no opinions on what this is worth?....motivated seller here....

Old 01-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Price is not terrible, i would probably come look at it if you were in so cal. Im trying to buy 2 LR3s for customers right now.

But my price would be in the 4-5500 range depending on inspection.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:27 PM
4th Gear

Sold!