Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

97 Land Rover Discovery XD for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:27 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Land Rover Discovery XD for Sale

97 Land Rover Discovery XD 4x4 for sale - $6000

This is the breakdown of the vehicles condition:

Only mods on it are the 4inch Old Man Emu Lift and the 35inch Super Swamper Tires, everything else is stock.
All the racks and front bumper as well as the lights are factory.

The Good:
4-wheel low and high work perfect, transmission does not slip at all and works perfect. I drove it for about 8 hours off road last week and about 10 hours yesterday and temp stayed perfect.
power windows, door locks, AC, heater, CD and radio (also has a 6 disc cd under passenger seat)
and lights all work.
suspension is solid and has very good quality feel - installed in the last 2 years by previous owner.
tires still have a lot of tread and will crawl through a lot of stuff I never thought it would make it through.
runs smooth, doesnt burn any fluids and no smoke at all from muffler even under throttle.
comes with a high lift jack mounted on the rack.
factory heavy duty rubber floor mats still in the car.

The Bad:
Slight exhaust leak on the manifold upon startup but it goes away once the truck is warm. (1 exhaust manifold has a small crack, I hear this is common with LRDs)
ignition key assembly finally broke (this is very common with LRDs) I just removed it and im using a screwdriver to start the car.
Transmission shifts kinda hard but does not slip at all. It feels like theres some play during shifts and when you let off the throttle real quick. (I spoke to a journeyman mechanic and he said it was just a warn out u-joint creating the play) (even after 10 hours of off roading, transmission does not slip at all)
Speedo doesnt work (speedo cable or wire)
passenger front door needs to be opened from the inside (inner door assembly)
ride is a little rough on road but this is because of the knobby tires and the lift kit (ride is extremely smooth off-road)(suspension absorbs very well and doesn't feel cheap or old what so ever.)

The truck over all is in good shape and working order.
Its very dependable.

I would really much rather have the cash but Im also willing to take trades, just email me with pics on what you have to offer.
Thanks =)
Ken

Please contact me at:
miisterjones@mac.com (yes miister with 2 i's)

Attached Thumbnails 97 Land Rover Discovery XD for Sale-dsc_0004b.jpg   97 Land Rover Discovery XD for Sale-dsc_0006b.jpg   97 Land Rover Discovery XD for Sale-dsc_0008b.jpg   97 Land Rover Discovery XD for Sale-dsc_0009b.jpg   97 Land Rover Discovery XD for Sale-dsc_0011b.jpg  

Last edited by Ken Jones; 10-22-2009 at 03:47 AM. Reason: location