Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

99' Discovery II for sale Eastern CT

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:33 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99' Discovery II for sale Eastern CT

Hey LRF, I'm looking to sell my D2 as I would like something a bit cheaper to drive when I go into the service. It is a 1999 Disco II, with 160k.

Recent work:

-Drivers side wheel hub and bearing and sensor just replaced with a new assy from AB.

-Front crank seal just replaced, whole engine resealed 2 years ago by Land Rover Guilford. No oil leaks.

-Ball joints, bushings and other front end work, along with rear Watts linkage bushings done last year by LR Guilford

-Lower mileage transmission installed two years ago with fresh fluid and filter

Other goods:

-Just installed Treadwright 32" tires on it with <1000mi. They are a very good off road tire for the price. I also have a set of 5 Hankook Dynapro AS.

-OME 2" heavy duty suspension

- ARB Sahara front winch bumper

- Brownchurch roof rack

-Badlands 12k Winch (Waiting to be installed)

-Parabolic headlight conversion from a 2004 Disco

Known issues:

-Rear frame needs work

-There is a short somewhere in the wiring for the front power seats and windows, connected to FL5. The fusible link keeps blowing, and the windows and seats will not move.

-3 Amigos are on (replaced wheel hub and sensor, but never had the lights shut off)

-Two main lights on the bumper no longer work.

-Rear hatch will need new hinges

-Every now and again the trans temp light will come on

The truck runs and drives well, still has the CDL on the transfer case. The body is beat up from being taken out into the woods.

I am asking $2700 OBO without the Brownchurch rack. If you are interested, I would prefer to be emailed at acibarich1@yahoo.com. I am located in Stonington CT.

Here is a link to my Craigslist ad:

1999 Land Rover Discovery II