Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Barn Find 2000 Land Rover Discovery II With 79K Original Miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 05:25 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barn Find 2000 Land Rover Discovery II With 79K Original Miles

Original barn find 2000 Land Rover Discovery II up for grabs. 79,202 original miles. Bought it non-running as a restoration project. Just popped a fuel pump and fresh gas in it and took it for a run up the road and it runs and drives like a brand new Rover. Brakes are soft. Due to too many projects and never enough time. I am sadly not going to get to this one before snow flies up here so up she goes to the next lucky owner. Truck is loaded with the Bose stereo system. Everything seems to be in working order. Frame has surface rust from sitting but is very solid. Floor pans, rockers and the rest of the body are extremely clean. Interior is clean. For items it needs that I noticed: It has a cracked windshield, the front bumper cover is cracked (of course), brush bar seems solid but the coating is peeling off, needs tires, one horn button cover is missing, the previous owner lost the keys as well at some point, so it is currently keyless and missing the ignition cylinders (I'm sure anyone looking at this is probably a Rover fan and knows you can get another key cut from Rover), screwdriver has been working fine. No check engine lights on but the brake warning light is on obviously from the soft brakes, hill descent light as well (if I remember correctly, those all come on when there is a brake issue). No other lights. It is what it is. An excellent light restoration low mileage Rover that could well be a ten grand truck with less then a grand worth of work. Just needs someone with more time then I have right now. It is up on Ebay right now as well. Located in Bridport, VT on the NY border. $5000 obo.

Old 10-01-2019, 04:05 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 634 Posts

That's a Keeper!
GLWYS!

Old 10-01-2019, 12:14 PM
5th Gear

Wish I had time and space to make it a keeper!

Old 10-01-2019, 02:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by privateerparts
Original barn find 2000 Land Rover Discovery II up for grabs. 79,202 original miles. Bought it non-running as a restoration project. Just popped a fuel pump and fresh gas in it and took it for a run up the road and it runs and drives like a brand new Rover. Brakes are soft. Due to too many projects and never enough time. I am sadly not going to get to this one before snow flies up here so up she goes to the next lucky owner. Truck is loaded with the Bose stereo system. Everything seems to be in working order. Frame has surface rust from sitting but is very solid. Floor pans, rockers and the rest of the body are extremely clean. Interior is clean. For items it needs that I noticed: It has a cracked windshield, the front bumper cover is cracked (of course), brush bar seems solid but the coating is peeling off, needs tires, one horn button cover is missing, the previous owner lost the keys as well at some point, so it is currently keyless and missing the ignition cylinders (I'm sure anyone looking at this is probably a Rover fan and knows you can get another key cut from Rover), screwdriver has been working fine. No check engine lights on but the brake warning light is on obviously from the soft brakes, hill descent light as well (if I remember correctly, those all come on when there is a brake issue). No other lights. It is what it is. An excellent light restoration low mileage Rover that could well be a ten grand truck with less then a grand worth of work. Just needs someone with more time then I have right now. It is up on Ebay right now as well. Located in Bridport, VT on the NY border. $5000 obo.

I guess when they parked it in the barn they just drove it right in without opening the doors first.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:12 PM
5th Gear

Looks like they did...yes...owned by maniacs no doubt.