Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale Clean 2004 Discovery II

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 04:40 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale Clean 2004 Discovery II

SOLD
$6600
Bigfork, Montana 59911

2004 Discovery II, VERY clean and low mileage, 110,713. The engine was replaced at 91k with a refurbished engine with 64k on it so the engine has approximately 30k less mileage on it than the odometer. Everything works and it runs like a dream. Clean body, the paint is good, there are small dings and scratches in the paint but nothing large. The interior is black leather interior and is completely intact - no rips, mars or stains. The carpet is very good. There have been no custom additions to this vehicle - it is original (with the exception of the engine. Ha.) No accidents, no body work. Weirdly, the "Land Rover" lettering on the front hood are slightly off in coloring (see pictures), it's been this way since I got it. I am the third owner. I have both original keys and manuals. I have put 3000 miles on it in the past 2 years - I am selling because I use it so rarely and I need a truck bed. Brakes and rotors done 3000 miles ago. Recently, the "three amigos" lights (Hill descent, ABS, Traction Control) come on sporadically: they usually come on when I hit a bump or turn a corner and go off when I turn the car off and then on again and do not come on every time I drive it. I have an appt. this friday with my mechanic to have this checked out. I will update post with diagnosis (or just have them repair it). Previous owner smoked in it occasionally. I do not get an odor of smoke when I am it. I can work with you on shipping. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by bschelling rover; 09-02-2019 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Vehicle has been sold.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,425 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Nice truck, worth every penny. GLWS

The following users liked this post:
bschelling rover (08-27-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 04:10 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

Nice. She's a keeper!

bschelling rover (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 09:45 AM
3rd Gear

Thank you. This car is my favorite of my lifetime. So well appointed and even though she's pretty - she loves getting out in the wilderness. And I have never had a better car in the snow. I mean DEEP snow...she's a beast. My lifestyle requires a work truck and while I have room to keep this one, (if I get a truck), I'm afraid that I will drive it even less than I do now, which is basically just enough to keep the battery fresh. Right now, this is the only place I am advertising this sale – I prefer that a Land Rover enthusiast has the car as y'all get it when it comes to these trucks. I will consider offers!

Last edited by bschelling rover; 08-28-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:26 AM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd love to take this off your hands but I'm not ready to buy yet.

Love that color.

bschelling rover (08-29-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 03:31 PM
3rd Gear

UPDATE
I took the car to my mechanic to diagnose the "Three Amigos." Code 76 - ECU ground or reference ground fault. The communication with the ABS module was intermittent as well, likely due to the module not having sufficient ground. They inspected the ground point for the ABS modulator and found the ground wires to be loose at the grounding stud. The stud was so loose that they could turn it by hand. They tightened the stud and cleared the codes. The ran the test again and the codes did not return and the module communicated properly. I drove around for a while today and the lights did not come on. I'll continue to drive it for the next several days to see if they come on but, hopefully it was just a grounding issue and it's fixed! Whew!

Old 02-05-2020, 12:40 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to be a wise azz, if using July 8th 2019 the date of this LR posted and listed for sale on this forum, by October 6th 2019 would be day 91 from the last date this vehicle was last smog tested.
CALIFORNIA LAW, any and all vehicles requiring a smog test in the state of California (nation time limit not a clue) is only good for 90 days maximum time or less when selling any and all vehicles requiring a smog test in the state of California. Only "NO SMOG REQUIRED" if sold or a transfer of ownership to an immediate family member. That puppy requires another smog check, one again stating "congratulations you passed" then sold 90 days or less to the next owner.

I have been contacted privately as well face to face by fellow LR owners or future planned LR owners in general conversations on LR's especially them having a higher ratio of failing smog tests in California.

othahah anko, i'm not directing the above reply or pointing fingers towards your vehicle just an example what I have experienced the past 20 years owning a 95 D1.

Have seen in person they owning a D1 that wouldn't pass the sniff test, visual ok as well gas cap, vapor recovery, all systems with the smog station sniffing another D1 that could pass. Yes a dirty smog checks they are out there then two years later the new owner ends up failing failed a smog check and repairs that could cost them over $1,000 or more. A sad and big surprise to the new owner. Another a "HOT SMOG" only requiring $2-$300 to have it passed this another dirty smog check......~~=o&o>......

Old 02-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bschelling rover
UPDATE
I took the car to my mechanic to diagnose the "Three Amigos." Code 76 - ECU ground or reference ground fault. The communication with the ABS module was intermittent as well, likely due to the module not having sufficient ground. They inspected the ground point for the ABS modulator and found the ground wires to be loose at the grounding stud. The stud was so loose that they could turn it by hand. They tightened the stud and cleared the codes. The ran the test again and the codes did not return and the module communicated properly. I drove around for a while today and the lights did not come on. I'll continue to drive it for the next several days to see if they come on but, hopefully it was just a grounding issue and it's fixed! Whew!
Unless your state like other countries require the ABS light or fault codes to be off it is not required to pass a smog test. Had to ask, smog required in your state?
LR's in general, D1's and D2's your lucky just to have the ABS trouble light off not alone functioning at all.
By the looks of the under body rust they must salt in your state.

I highly recommend a product called KOPR-SHIELD a conductive anti-corrosion surface compound made by Thomas & Betts, comes in a 8 ounce container. We used it in the electrical trade and it's a lifesaver especially owning a LR in general. Even bright clean starter cable lugs at every connection under a bolt will read 0.3-0 ohms resistance, with KOPR-SHIELD applied resistance drops down to 0.10 ohms. No more freaking mystery electrical problems due to high resistance connections and corrosion. This product really shines with those that play submarine with their LR's. Your automotive tip of the day. Twenty year 95 D1 owner, problems sorted out. ......~~=o&o>......

Sixpack577 (02-05-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 07:20 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

I would put this up on BaT (bringatrailer.com) and you should get a good price. They are doing well there right now...