Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

custom bumper building

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robertmirwin
i will locate the bronco pics on home computer

somewhere in the south, Photoshop is furiously making professionals......

Old 10-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by robertmirwin
i will locate the bronco pics on home computer

Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Well I hate to add to this drama but...Robert and I were going back and forth on PM working out details of some things I needed made. We finalized rock sliders as the first project...I had no idea this Bronco fiasco was even happening. It does raise eyebrows. But if he did good work on the sliders it was my plan to post pics and an evaluation here.....
Ever since being called out about his Bronco cage I haven't heard back from him. Despite a few attempts. Were as before I only had to wait a few minutes between replies. Sucks. Thought I was getting rock sliders

Old 10-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Shiftonthefly1
Well I hate to add to this drama but...Robert and I were going back and forth on PM working out details of some things I needed made. We finalized rock sliders as the first project...I had no idea this Bronco fiasco was even happening. It does raise eyebrows. But if he did good work on the sliders it was my plan to post pics and an evaluation here.....
Ever since being called out about his Bronco cage I haven't heard back from him. Despite a few attempts. Were as before I only had to wait a few minutes between replies. Sucks. Thought I was getting rock sliders
Well, it either sucks for you or you dodged a bullet. Time will tell.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,554 Likes on 1,274 Posts

He's been back just around an hour ago and in this thread.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its never too late to just come clean robert.

Here Ill help you.

"Yes, I stole the photos from the internet because I didnt think anybody would notice the obvious difference in work quality or the washington plates if I used a very small thumbnail photo.

I did it because I am only a hack with a sawsall and a 110 welder, and I wanted everybody to be wowed by my "new found" tube skills and give me more internet cred, even though the only good work I showed was stolen from the internet

Im sorry that when I was called out about it, I lied again by pretending it was an accident, that I mistakenly googled to find pics of the work I had done on my own rig just a few weeks before. If I had actually done a cage a few weeks before, it would be fresh in my mind and photos would easily be found. But since it is my own truck, I could have just gone outside and snapped some quick phone pics.

I am embarrassed that I am only capable of the mediocre scabs ive shown in this thread, I am embarrassed that i have to lie to have good work. AND i am embarrassed that I didnt come clean the first or the second time I was asked, instead of digging myself deeper into this web of lies.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Camel Trophy

"Tube skills" ROFL!!!!

Old 10-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,554 Likes on 1,274 Posts

He's thinking about looking at the thread....

Attached Thumbnails custom bumper building-lrf-screen-shot.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NEVER BS it will come back and bite you in the ***. Cheeez here I thought the guy was doing a good job. Even my pigeon S&%$# welds look better. Oh well it just goes to show what people will do to make you part with your hard earned dollars

Old 10-22-2013, 08:45 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want a simple heavy duty rear bumper that will house my factory turn signal and tail lights. I have a Discovery 2. What could you do for me? And for how much?

Quick Reply: custom bumper building