Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

D2 for a steal price

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2 for a steal price

Unfortunately confirmed a scam. Removed link.

Last edited by BayerischeDisco; 05-26-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BayerischeDisco
Not mine but what deal for $2500. Wish I had the money.

TX||| Land Rover-4*4-Discovery 2004- $2500 |||TX
I saw this ad the other day while doing my weekly Craigslist search... First thing I thought was, no way... Sounds too good to be true for an 04 Outfitted like that. And you know what they say about... "if it sounds too good to be true..." The bumpers and sliders alone are worth that much, if not more. If for some reason this is a legit ad, someone definitely got an awesome deal...

Old 05-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Baja
Received 719 Likes on 624 Posts

Verified, it's a scam

Old 05-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it did sound to good to be true. I hate scammers. I will remove link.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
Verified, it's a scam
Curious... what was the scam? One of those "Wire money to Nigeria... " or maybe the "I'm on a boat in the middle of the ocean and need to sell before I get back home to help my family pay some medical bills..." Yeah, scammers suck. Get a real job!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

woo hoo! they took $2350. made wire transfer,a couple of hours ago, to assure that it didn't sell to anyone else. awaiting details of when i shall take possession. thanks, guys. i knew, if i followed this forum long enough, it would pay off.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Baja

Car is already at ebay holding facility, previous buyer paid for shipping, but backed out. Give me all your details and I will send an invoice. Shipping is free. Once payment is received the car will be shipped to you. Once received you have 5 days to inspect, drive, have your mechanic check it out. If you don't want the car you can ship it back at my expense, blah blah blah.

This has been happening a lot on craigslist. I make a call and get an answering machine saying the person at extension whatever is not available, please leave a message.

Them you get a text saying email the person.

Once you do you get a story that the person is getting a divorce or in the military being shipped out.

The car is either at some ebay holding facility or at an army logistics center.

You can never inspect it and they always talk about doing the transaction through ebay so everybody is protected.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:15 PM
Baja

Congratulations Dusty!!!

I have some alarm spiders from some D1s I'm selling.

Wire $500 to my account!

Originally Posted by dusty1
woo hoo! they took $2350. made wire transfer,a couple of hours ago, to assure that it didn't sell to anyone else. awaiting details of when i shall take possession. thanks, guys. i knew, if i followed this forum long enough, it would pay off.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:23 PM
Baja

Here is the contact history:

Hi Abran,

I'm a flight attendant at American Airlines and because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. Before leaving I had pre-arranged the deal with eBay so my presence is not necessary. The vehicle is in their possession ready to be delivered. eBay will handle this transaction for me. The total amount that you will pay is $2,500 with shipping and transfer fees included. You will receive the vehicle in max 48 hours and you will have the chance to inspect it for 5 days. eBay department will hold and insure your money throughout the inspection. If by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense and eBay will send you a full refund.

I'm sure it won't be the case because the vehicle is in excellent condition. It will come with all the necessary paperwork (clear title, bill of sale, user's manual etc). You will receive all the original documents. I signed all the paperwork and the clear title is ready to be transferred to the new owner.

If you are interested to buy my vehicle please send me your full name, shipping address and phone number so I can register the transaction with eBay and they will reply you with more details and information about this transaction.

Thanks, hope to do business with you soon!
Ashley

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Abran Abeyta <aaabeyta@me.com> wrote:
Hi Ashley,

I am in California.

I can fly there tomorrow and buy the car.

Please send your phone number so I can discuss the plans, or call me.

Thank you,

Abran

On May 26, 2014, at 3:47 PM, Ashley Earley <ashleyearley1@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

My name is Ashley Earley , happy to see you are interested in my 2004 Land Rover Discovery II S . Let me give you a few details about it. Really good shape, never had any problems with it, no scratches nor dents, the car is free of any accidents, it has 124,100 miles, automatic transmission, Sunroof, 4-Wheel Drive, Leather Seats, CD Player, black exterior, 8 cylinder. The title is legally under my name, clear and free of any liens or loans.

The price was reduced at $2,500. Because of my divorce settlement, I own this car and as a woman I don`t need it so I'm trying to get rid of it as soon as possible that's why I'm selling it so cheap. Please let me know if you are interested and where are you located.

Sincerely,
Ashley

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Ashley Earley <ashleyearley1@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Abran Abeyta <aaabeyta@me.com> wrote:
Tell me more

Old 05-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

spider gears! I'm in. and do you happen to have a flux capacitor bracket for my d6? I can wire $750 for that, too?

Quick Reply: D2 for a steal price