Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

DI, DII, Defender Roof Rack - $500 - Seattle Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:16 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DI, DII, Defender Roof Rack - $500 - Seattle Area

[i]!!!sold!!!/i]

Last edited by yloDiscoII; 10-22-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doh! if i didnt already have a half rack with the truck this would be all mine!

good luck with the sale, let me know if youre interested in working something out for a half length one

Old 10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket
doh! if i didnt already have a half rack with the truck this would be all mine!

good luck with the sale, let me know if youre interested in working something out for a half length one
Hmm, I might be interested....what sort of half rack do you have?

Basically my reason for wanting to sell my full rack is my wife drives the Disco daily and with colder weather approaching, I'd like her to be able to park in the garage and the full rack is tougher to put on/take off frequently.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump for you. Wish you were closer, looking for a rack for my D1.. Closest one i've found for a reasonable price was in Sacto and i couldnt talk the wife into making the drive to go and pick it up.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Hmm, I might be interested....what sort of half rack do you have?

Basically my reason for wanting to sell my full rack is my wife drives the Disco daily and with colder weather approaching, I'd like her to be able to park in the garage and the full rack is tougher to put on/take off frequently.

here's a (terrible) photo

the rack itself is aluminum, and the legs for it are steel.

its by sun-something or other i think, apparently from california, based on the stickers on it.
i can get you some more details. tomorrow

its in good shape with some of the coating paint flaking off the legs and rack itself... i didnt buy it, it came with my truck but id definitely be interested in trading if youre down!
ive taken it on and off a few times by myself, and its no big deal (aluminum so its light enough to lift off from the back once the legs are loosened)

Old 10-11-2011, 01:47 PM
TReK

Ah, That's a Surco rack and looks to be 50"x50"? I'd be willing to offer a swap if you wanted to give me your rack plus $350.

New version of my rack is $775.95 on D.A.P. Enterprises LLC - Everything for your Land Rover

Old 10-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Winching

surco! thats the one
probably the 50x50, i poked online really quick and it looks like they basically sell the one size with various legs depending on application. i can get you some measurements and better pictures tomorrow when i get out to the shop if youre curious to know more...

any rust or peeling coating on yours?

definitely interested in trading though, and i can do money on my end.
id be able to make it down your way early next week if that works... hopefully it doesnt sell before then

Old 10-11-2011, 03:58 PM
TReK

Yeah if you could get some measurements/additional pictures of your Surco, that would be great.

On my rack : there is some surface rust in spots, but nothing at all structural. I don't think the powder coat is flaking anywhere, there were just some small paint spots (probably air bubbles in the original powder coat, that allowed some rust to pop up. It could use some freshening up as the finish is faded in areas. I was thinking about sanding the surface rust off and respraying it with some rattle cans of the Rustoleum bed-iner this winter.

I'm located in Kent, same exit as Ikea....and more importantly ARB Usually around on the weekends and evenings after 6:30.

Here's another pic from a different angle....as you can see the mounting points line up directly with the "B," "C," and "D" pillars for max strength.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Winching

very cool!
you can probably just tag it as tenatively sold, if you end up being happy with what you see on my surco

i wont be out at the shop till tomorrow night, but ill get some pics/measurements of my setup.

i think one leg on mine could probably use some refinishing - little bit of coating peeling back - but otherwise its in good shape.
then we can work out something for next week or the following weekend to meet up if that works for you

Old 10-11-2011, 05:10 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket
very cool!
you can probably just tag it as tenatively sold, if you end up being happy with what you see on my surco.....
Sounds like a plan....I'll hold it for a fellow forum member and PNW-erner

Quick Reply: DI, DII, Defender Roof Rack - $500 - Seattle Area