Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Finally!! an inexpensive Disco I & II retractable sunroof shade repair kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!! an inexpensive Disco I & II retractable sunroof shade repair kit!!

Land Rover Discovery I & II (1994-2004) Retractable sunroof shade repair kit!!!

$29.98 - FREE domestic shipping!!!

(International rates may apply - contact me & I'll let you know)

When I bought my 2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE7, one of the first things I noticed was that the plastic clip to the retractable sunroof shade was broken!! Turns out I wasn't alone, most of the Discoveries on the road have one or more clips broken... So I got a used shade an installed it (at great frustration) ---- one year later, it broke again!!!! Why? Because this plastic part was poorly designed & was not durable enough to withstand heat and humidity over a long period of time. Eventually they get brittle and snap. The clips really should have been constructed out of metal.

So I developed a cheap (and permanent) solution for my Disco buddies! This kit provides an easy and stylish fix that will work better and last longer than the factory ones ever did. The LR dealer will charge you close to $400 to replace the whole shade system, but that expense is certainly not necessary with this kit.

The kit includes:
  • 2 custom made painted black metal clips (pre-drilled for anchor screws)
  • Superglue
  • Sandpaper square
  • Alcohol swab
  • 2 anchor screws (these are essential as glue alone is really not adequate long term)
  • 1 1/16" drill bit
  • Easy to follow Instruction guide with color photographs and a phone number for questions/support
I'm confident that you will love this kit. Please know that if you are unsatisfied for any reason, I will gladly offer you a full refund!

****Will combine shipping on multiple orders up to five sets!****

To place an order, contact me (Garrett) at RoverKraftProducts@gmail<span style=...e">.com</span> or 706-461-4756

Also, check out my LR Discovery I & II e-brake and 4wd shifter boot replacement kits!! -- a must-have for Disco owners!

(if link doesn't work, do a search in the forums for "Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??")

Cheers!!

Attached Thumbnails Finally!! an inexpensive Disco I &amp; II retractable sunroof shade repair kit!!-img_2577-copy.jpg   Finally!! an inexpensive Disco I &amp; II retractable sunroof shade repair kit!!-sunroof-repair-guide1-copy.jpg   Finally!! an inexpensive Disco I &amp; II retractable sunroof shade repair kit!!-img_3211-reduced-size.jpg   Finally!! an inexpensive Disco I &amp; II retractable sunroof shade repair kit!!-photo-1.jpg  

Last edited by gschmitt; 11-09-2015 at 02:27 PM.