Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

LAND ROVER CURRENCY / Malawian 50 Kwacha Note

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 01:40 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LAND ROVER CURRENCY / Malawian 50 Kwacha Note

Hi Everyone, this is a cross-post from Defender Source, where I am a more active member. There is a lot of interest there so I thought perhaps there might be here too.

Strange title eh? Here is some context.

I'm an American living and working in Malawi, in Southern Africa. This is Ophelia, my 1995 Defender Tdi. We've been to lots of places. You can read about our travels here: Broke With Hats Cape Town to Zanzibar (and back) in a Land Rover named Opheilia

Name:  0mW5G39.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  767.7 KB

Here in Malawi, our currency is very rad (albeit not very strong). Why you ask? Well, on the 50 Kwacha Note, there is a Defender on the Reverse.

This is currently legal tender currency is Malawi. The only currency in the world with your truck on it

Now, I'm flying back to the USA next month and, if there is interest, I will ship you an uncirculated Malawian 50 Kwacha note in a padded envelope via USPS. Flights are expensive. So is American college debt.

To acquire these uncirculated bills I have to:

Drive Ophelia in African City traffic to a bank.
Wait in a Malawian Bank Queue......................for a while
Drive Ophelia in African City traffic home
Fly to America
Drive a less interesting car to my local New Hampshire post office

For my time I'd ask for $15 USD shipped anywhere in the USA. You'd get X5 Uncirculated Malawian 50 Kwacha Notes actually from Malawi.

Any Interest?

Update: Red90 correctly pointed out that you can get these notes cheaper on Ebay shipped from China (I didn't know)

So....My pitch for value addition: For $30 you get X5 50 Kwacha Notes PLUS a small package of Malawian Black Tea (for an Extra British experience) for $40 I can get you 1/2lb of some proper single-origin Malawian coffee.

Malawi is very famous for it's tea and coffee. What you'll get is grown just a few hours from me in the southern highlands.

Plus you get the provenance of these notes authentically coming from Malawi, transported in a Defender.... Not from China

Cheers,

Zach

Last edited by worldofinflation; 11-29-2017 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:39 AM
4th Gear

Bump. Last week to reserve your order!

Old 12-18-2017, 07:09 AM
4th Gear

Fresh from the reserve bank. Everyone who placed an order: expect your package in about 1 week!

I picked up some extra so if anyone is compelled for a last minute order please PM me in the next 12 hours. Cheers! Zach.

Name:  jKdTfAP.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  674.5 KB