Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Parting out two DI's. A '97 LSE and a '96 SE7.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 05:02 PM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Parting out two DI's. A '97 LSE and a '96 SE7.

Thousands of DI and RRC parts in inventory. Let me know what you need. If I don't have it, I can probably find it for you quickly and cheaply.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:01 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it Puerto Rico or just me Paul?

Old 01-03-2012, 06:57 AM
TReK

It's definitely Puerto Rico when it comes to anything larger that what will fit in a Flat Rate Box.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very small item but I need the little plastic cam that is in the driver's door lock mech. Rotates with key to actuate the door locks. Can you help?

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...k-parts-46348/

Old 01-03-2012, 11:46 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by hh65flyer
Very small item but I need the little plastic cam that is in the driver's door lock mech. Rotates with key to actuate the door locks. Can you help?

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...k-parts-46348/
I saw your thread about the cam last night. The unfortunate thing is that the cam is specific to its side. If you needed a right cam I have plenty. I only have two left front door handles. I have the keys for them and that makes them valuable, too valuable to take the cam off. I'm sorry but I can't help you.
Cheers,
Paul

Old 01-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Rock Crawling

Thanks anyway Paul. That's good knowledge too and you saved me from taking apart the pass door to swap over the cam.

There isn't much to steal in my rig but it would be nice to lock it up while skiing or shopping. Thanks again. Matt

Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
TReK

Matt, if I had a handle without a key I'd take the cam off in a second. It's just that right now, with the cold weather, people will be snapping these handles like crazy. I never have enough left handles. With Range Rover Classics the situation is even worse. When I get a good Classic left front handle with key in stock, it sells immediately with prices approaching $100. There was I time I couldn't get $20 for a handle.

Ever since Ford destroyed hundreds of thousands of legacy Rover parts during the transfer of ownership to Tata, prices on parts like these door handles have crept steadily upward. You may be fortunate to find someone parting out a Rover who doesn't know any better and get the part cheap. That's probably your best bet.
Cheers,
Paul

Old 01-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Mudding

Paul, I just bought a steering pump from you. It wasn't the pump that was leaking but it looks like the actual rack itself. How much to ship to Texas? Thanks.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

Paul,

1990 RRC county do you have a rear hatch that is not wroughed?

Old 01-06-2012, 04:43 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Josh.0
Paul, I just bought a steering pump from you. It wasn't the pump that was leaking but it looks like the actual rack itself. How much to ship to Texas? Thanks.
Josh,
Typically, I don't sell the steering gear boxes. I have someone locally who buys every one I have, regardless of the condition, to send back to the UK for rebuilding. They're then used for left hand conversions on Defenders being imported to the US.

The one on the '97 left the country a few weeks ago and the one from the '96 is coming off the beginning of next week. It's a leaker so I doubt it would serve you well.

I do have a '94 RRC arriving. If that box looks good maybe I can sell you that one.

Alternatively, you might want to consider a rebuild. I have heard good things about Meridian in San Diego. The bottom line is the Land Rover steering gear box from these trucks is a terrible design prone to leaking. I had a brand new Rover back in the early 1990's that had a steering gear box that was leaking shortly after the warranty was up!
Cheers,
Paul

Quick Reply: Parting out two DI's. A '97 LSE and a '96 SE7.