Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: LR3 equipment

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 12:22 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stormtrooper
Hey have you actually nudged anything with the Nudge bar? I dont want to put on something that is just for looks...also how many pieces of that frametek stuff did you buy to cover the roofing? and did you cover 3/4s or the entire rack? Thanks a bunch.
The nudge bar has never been used to push anything other than the odd shopping cart in the way during parking (which it excels at, by the way). It mounts to the bumper and just under it - 4 points in total - and easy to install. When attached it's sturdy and firm, with no rattling or shaking, but it's definitely not for heavy duty use, like winching. Perfect for mounting extra lights and/or strapping tools (i.e. shovel).

Land Rover sells two versions of the bar - the one I'm selling is the "non-winch" application.

re: Farmtek, I used 4 sheets to cover the entire rack, with trimming needed for the rear edges since the roof rack tapers and gets narrower toward the rear of the truck.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by regult51
The nudge bar has never been used to push anything other than the odd shopping cart in the way during parking (which it excels at, by the way). It mounts to the bumper and just under it - 4 points in total - and easy to install. When attached it's sturdy and firm, with no rattling or shaking, but it's definitely not for heavy duty use, like winching. Perfect for mounting extra lights and/or strapping tools (i.e. shovel).

Land Rover sells two versions of the bar - the one I'm selling is the "non-winch" application.

re: Farmtek, I used 4 sheets to cover the entire rack, with trimming needed for the rear edges since the roof rack tapers and gets narrower toward the rear of the truck.
Thanks for the update on the flooring surface, so its roughly 100-150 bucks to get it done? I guess I'll pass on the shopping cart nudger...not that I don't need to nudge shopping carts mind you(when did everyone get so lazy), just seems like "using an axe to kill an ant", since I have a roof rack already I can mount lights and a shovel on that bad boy. good luck with the sale...if you decide to keep that roof rack and take the top section off I'll take the front fairing off your hands...I have a project Id like to try...