Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

TONS OF PARTS FOR SALE! Parting 2003 Discovery2 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 07:11 AM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Carparter, just a few things you should be aware of with regard to parting out any vehicle. First, in many states selling used airbags is illegal. Second, airbags are considered HAZMAT by the federal government. That means it is illegal to ship airbags unless you take very specific steps in shipping them. Are you licensed to ship HAZMAT material or do you use very specific antiburst packaging?

Finally, it's really in bad form to post items on the forum just so you can link the items to your eBay auctions (regardless of whether they are fixed price, BIN or any other type of eBay auction). There are a number of people on this board and on LRO who have been selling Land Rover parts for many years. We have our own websites, eBay stores, Facebook pages, ect and regularly post to these bulletin boards. If we all decided to use these classified sections purely in an effort to drive potential buyers to those websites it would not only be in bad form but would also be in violation of the site's policies.

I don't know if selling used auto parts, and in particular, used Land Rover parts is a new business for you or if you're just parting out your own truck but you need to tone it down with all the links to your eBay listings.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:37 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
Carparter, just a few things you should be aware of with regard to parting out any vehicle. First, in many states selling used airbags is illegal. Second, airbags are considered HAZMAT by the federal government. That means it is illegal to ship airbags unless you take very specific steps in shipping them. Are you licensed to ship HAZMAT material or do you use very specific antiburst packaging?

Finally, it's really in bad form to post items on the forum just so you can link the items to your eBay auctions (regardless of whether they are fixed price, BIN or any other type of eBay auction). There are a number of people on this board and on LRO who have been selling Land Rover parts for many years. We have our own websites, eBay stores, Facebook pages, ect and regularly post to these bulletin boards. If we all decided to use these classified sections purely in an effort to drive potential buyers to those websites it would not only be in bad form but would also be in violation of the site's policies.

I don't know if selling used auto parts, and in particular, used Land Rover parts is a new business for you or if you're just parting out your own truck but you need to tone it down with all the links to your eBay listings.
Not sure where you're from but they are completely legal here as well as in almost every state. The only state which restricts the resale of airbags is NY. We always utilize anti-burst packaging with such items; never had a problem.

Doesn't matter which platform I use; IMHO eBay is better because both the buyer and the seller are protected; and I offer free shipping on ALL items, which is a plus.

Nothing wrong with marketing what you have, that's what this section of the forum is for.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:27 PM
Mudding

$20

Old 06-21-2017, 05:30 PM
TReK

I'll ask again, you always reply in the plural using "we." Are "we" a junkyard? Your eBay listings indicate parts from Jaguars, BMW's, VW's, Volvo's and a single '03 DII.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:03 PM
Mudding

I'll ask again, you always reply in the plural using "we." Are "we" a junkyard? Your eBay listings indicate parts from Jaguars, BMW's, VW's, Volvo's and a single '03 DII.
That's not germane to this thread.

What's important is that we can supply the demand to D2 parts at prices you'll never get anywhere else. Plus free shipping, which is always a plus for the buyer.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:44 PM
TReK

But it is germane.

From the top of the classified section:

"Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!"

So far you've been a member for a few days and all of your posts are attempts to sell something. Have you ever owned a working Land Rover? Your first post on LRO made no sense. You proudly claimed you had parts from a "limited" 1995 Series 2 Discovery. You try to sell nonsense parts like a couple of chocks and you flood the For Sale Section with links to eBay auctions.

The classifieds are for Land Rover enthusiasts, Land Rover owners and people who actively support the brand not someone who wouldn't know the difference between a Bosch motor and a GEMS motor. You recently sold an owners manual you had listed for Discovery models from 1994-2004. The manual was from an '03. Do you even know what you're selling?

Old 06-21-2017, 08:27 PM
Mudding

But it is germane.

From the top of the classified section:

"Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!"
I am a private owner.

So far you've been a member for a few days and all of your posts are attempts to sell something. Have you ever owned a working Land Rover?
Has nothing to do with my thread.

Your first post on LRO made no sense. You proudly claimed you had parts from a "limited" 1995 Series 2 Discovery. You try to sell nonsense parts like a couple of chocks and you flood the For Sale Section with links to eBay auctions.
Minor mix up in the beginning; has nothing to do with you nor with my thread.

The classifieds are for Land Rover enthusiasts, Land Rover owners and people who actively support the brand not someone who wouldn't know the difference between a Bosch motor and a GEMS motor.
Just your assumption; not enforceable at all.

You recently sold an owners manual you had listed for Discovery models from 1994-2004. The manual was from an '03. Do you even know what you're selling?
It did say in the description that it's for '03. The customer was happy and that's all that matters. Again, has nothing whatsoever to do with you.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:28 PM
TReK

We'll see.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:34 PM
Mudding

1) Steering Reservoir Cap - $10
2) Brake Reservoir Cap - $10

Old 06-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts