Retired - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

Desperately seeking ARB or similar steel bumper/bull bar for '03-'04 Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Desperately seeking ARB or similar steel bumper/bull bar for '03-'04 Discovery

Well, my boss backed in to the drivers side corner of my latest Disco, a 2004 I picked up in December, cracking the corner for about a 6-8", cracking the fog light lens, and scratching the headlight and leaving some paint scratches. His insurance will fix it - or give me $762, which I think is low as they counted on using some used parts.... but its my boss, it was an accident, I don't want to make a big deal out of it as he's very good to me. I was diagnosed with cancer some time ago, and he has been very accommodating allowing flexibility in my schedule for treatment, and faxing work home to me if I couldn't make it in, nd just generally being a good guy. Plus, business is way down... I just don't want to say anything other than "no big deal, michael. Accidents happen."

Oh, in February, someone skinned the other corner in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot, leaving a few scratches where I once had paint.

I guess I must have the little known stealth Discovery... hit twice in 5 months.

Anyway, rather than fretting over it, I plan on taking the check offered, and getting an ARB steel replacement. Then, they can hit it all they want, and when I stop using it as a commuter vehicle, I can add a winch and a fortune of other accessories and make her my off roader.

So, since the lowest I've found the ARB for the '03-'04 is roughly $1200 shipped (that was with free shipping...) I am obviously short, and in addition won't be able to take care of those little scratches on the headlight, or replace the cracked fog light with the insurance check. So, I may end up just putting some cash into it a little down the road.

Or, I can try to get lucky, and find a used ARB for an '03-'04 Discovery. I like the original one, but would consider the Sahara model as well, just to get it done without having to come out of pocket too much. I would also be interested in another brand bumper/bull bar if it fit the '03-'04 Discovery as well.

Anyone have one in nice shape due to parting out, getting a different one, whatever reason....please contact me. I'm in Bucks County, Pa, so if you are anywhere from say DC to NY give or take....or near an Atlantic coast beach, I'll be glad to pick it up to save shipping (and maybe finagle a nice road trip out of it!) If the price is low enough that it doesn't break me to ship, let me know as well :-)

Thanks all, my pocketbook and I appreciate it!