Retired - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

Discovery II - ABS Amgio V1 USB

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery II - ABS Amgio V1 USB

ABS Amigo V1 USB -
Used to Clear and Read
The Discovery II ABS
Stored faults.

Bought this from RSW Solutions a couple weeks ago to clear and read the 3 amigo codes. I used it once and now no longer need it. I paid $198 plus shipping, I am willing to sell it for $160 shipped. You can pay with Paypal, Credit card or check.

Here is some information I copied from RSW’s site about the tool.

The ABS Amigo is a small portable handheld device that enables the user to reset the Discovery II Anti Lock Brake System (ABS) computer. The ABS amigo is designed for resolving the commonly occurring "Three Amigos" dash board lights. The device is powered solely by the cars own OBDII interface port and requires no further user interaction. Once the device is plugged into the OBDII port, communication is established with the ABS and the reset commands are sent out automatically.

In addition to resetting the ABS fault, the ABS Amigo will also read the stored ABS fault codes. After the user has finished resetting the computer, the ABS diagnostic trouble shooting codes are stored internally on the ABS Amigo. The ABS fault codes can be retrieved by simply plugging the ABS Amigo into a Windows PC USB port. Once the ABS Amigo is plugged into a Windows PC USB port, the retrieved ABS Fault codes can be read in plain English and can be used to further troubleshoot the Discovery II ABS.

The ABS Amigo is extremely easy to use and requires little or no computer or mechanical experience on the part of the user. The device can be kept with the vehicle as an emergency roadside repair tool. Anyone of any age or any level of technological aptness can operate this device. Simply plug the unit in, let the unit clear the ABS fault and unplug when done. It could not be simpler.

The ABS warning lights have illuminated because of an underlying reason. There is always a reason for the fault. Sometimes the fault condition has occurred because of a simple transient and temporary sensor problem. In these cases, when the fault is cleared, the fault may not return because nothing with the system is actually broken. While unfortunately sometimes the faults can be triggered because something is actually physically broken with the system. In these cases, the physical problem must be repaired to prevent the fault code from returning. In both cases, the ABS Amigo Tool will help you diagnose the problem and determine if expensive repairs are needed or if just a reset of the system is needed. The reading and clearing of ABS fault codes is not always the final repair step but is a required step on the path to repairing your ABS system.

Last edited by Spanky94; 08-15-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: wrong section, need to delete
Old 09-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Drifting

Hi

You still have this marvellous piece of wizardry? Thanks

Old 09-03-2011, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear

Sadly im no longer a Discovery owner so im selling my Amigo tool. This tool works great and consistently cleared my 3 Amigos.

Discovery II - ABS Amgio V1 USB | eBay

Old 09-04-2011, 10:40 AM
3rd Gear

Yes I do, still looking for one?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Drifting

Well I think I'm ok right now, I have a solution, but if it's still available after a while, I may ask you again....thanks.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Three Wheeling

still available?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:01 AM
3rd Gear
Default Sold

Sorry it is sold

Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 PM
5th Gear

Does anyone in the Dallas area have one I could borrow?