Retired - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

Looking for an experienced LR enthusiast to help with head gasket change..

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an experienced LR enthusiast to help with head gasket change..

Hey all,
I unfortunately need to replace my head gasket on my 04 D2. I have been quoted all sorts of prices for the job.. Ranging from dealership quotes to Indy mechanics.. After reading multiple posts by members on the forum tackling this fix on there own, I would prefer to do the same.. But am in need of some assistance... My ideal scenario would be to find a local member to help with this fix, this is my first LR and would like to learn about the motor and become more familiar with its components..so I can hopefully do these fixes solo in the future..I would be willing to pay for your time and provide as much beer as necessary... I've read in multiple threads of members completing this fix in a weekend...I'm located in western ma..01036... If anyone out there is interested plz PM me.. I have tools, and heated garage where we can fix...

Old 12-13-2014, 05:58 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 04DiscoMike
Hey all,
I unfortunately need to replace my head gasket on my 04 D2. I have been quoted all sorts of prices for the job.. Ranging from dealership quotes to Indy mechanics.. After reading multiple posts by members on the forum tackling this fix on there own, I would prefer to do the same.. But am in need of some assistance... My ideal scenario would be to find a local member to help with this fix, this is my first LR and would like to learn about the motor and become more familiar with its components..so I can hopefully do these fixes solo in the future..I would be willing to pay for your time and provide as much beer as necessary... I've read in multiple threads of members completing this fix in a weekend...I'm located in western ma..01036... If anyone out there is interested plz PM me.. I have tools, and heated garage where we can fix...

Interesting username. One of our senior administrators has a similar name....

I just sent you a private message. Let me know. Cheers