Retired - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

WTB: Discovery Series I

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 08:51 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Discovery Series I

The search has resurfaced for a Discovery I! The last couple of weeks I have come across some that were almost the one but had some issues I just couldn't look past, ie rust, interior damage, missing parts, etc. I am fully aware that finding a perfect, showroom or near showroom Disco is near impossible but I am looking for one that isn't a project. I plan of off roading and joining the club! Your Disco will be going to a loving Rover home! I can't stress this enough, we are in the market for a serious seller with a stellar Series I Discovery, if it's the right one, we are happy to pay!

Here are some of the things I am looking for and I am very serious about purchasing the right one:
-Disco 1
-Would prefer one in White or a '97 XD but open to all colors
-No rust( Ha, ha, yes I know) Most CA, AZ, NM, etc cars are rust free so it is possible.
-No rips or tears in the interior( Normal wear and tear is fine but I have seen seats that look like a wild animal destroyed them..)
-Would LOVE one with the jump seats (Not a deal breaker though!)
-Mechanically sound or has had work done, no mechanic specials, please!
-Finally, looking in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Colorado. I am located in San Jose, Ca but we have Land Rover friends in those states who could look at the car and inspect before we flew out and purchased it.

Last edited by Zack Shukait; 07-18-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Are you still looking? I sent you a PM.