ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Land Rover ranked as least reliable auto manufacturer.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Land Rover ranked as least reliable auto manufacturer.

Two close friends of mine with money to throw away, get a new Range Rover every year.

Both of them tell me the horror stories that so many others have told me.

I believe Land Rover is the worst in reliability.

How to offset that is to become your own mechanic,

And some of us just don't care, if we could, we'd marry our Range Rover, have a horrible marriage, but stay just the same.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No disrespect!!! Sorry, I should have clarified. The term "throw away" is from a book I read a few years back on developing trends in the auto industry. The author was complaining about the fact that most Americans these days are void of basic auto maintenance skills, often letting their vehicles go thousands of miles without even an oil change. The term applies to the vehicles designed to be driven and abused for 100,000 to 130,000 miles with little maintenance and then "thrown away". As most here will agree this does not apply to Rovers!

I certainly did not mean to insult anyone's love for their Ford or Chevy.

If I find the book I'll post the title, it was an interesting read.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh...I have to throw my 2 cents into this......I have Rovers since 1981...thats right since 1981.....and I will tell yo that the fault is the previous owners not the product. Sure they have had a few electrical issues....I have driven Rover sedans for many years and can tell you things about the condition that I have found these cars in. Also, the dealers for so many years wanted nothing to do with then AT ALL...... I know , because a good friend of mine ran the service shop for the 3500S and 2000TC P6 Rovers.

I cannot tell you haw many times, when someone came up to me and said "guess you just got it out of the shop" and I would say....you know....all I have done are the fluids and kept her clean and she has over...get this...200,000 miles on a 4 cly 2 liter motor.

Now, I will admit I am new to Land Rover, and the one I have just bought, which is my first one, I really like ALOT!

If people would ..now get this...there owners manual.....they would find....as I have read mine, that they stress over many times, that the oil and the cooling are very important to watch and to service when you are suppose to...sounds like plain english to me.

If you ever want to look at a couple of great looking Rovers...check this out www.sheuring.com

Ok...guess that turned into a dollar bill
Cheers, John