ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Looking for signs of intelligent life...in Memphis

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for signs of intelligent life...in Memphis

Hey folks. I have been frequenting this forum for a little while now, and have yet to come across any members anywhere near the Memphis, TN area. I read all the time on the forum about people throwing their time and resources together to help each other out. I have thought a little about trying to start a LR Club in Memphis, but I do not have the time off, work schedule, and know how to organize anything like this. Is there anyone out there in my area?

Old 05-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in East TN so although its not close I am a member of the TN Land Rover Club which is based out of Nashville... Half way? Its worth looking into http://www.tnrovers.com/

Old 05-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Salve, Nice to meet you. I visited the TN Rovers site yesterday, and it looked like a very good group of people. I just wish that there were even more LR enthusiasts like us around here. I would love to just be able to hang out with someone to work on rigs, whatever. Besides, I can read a forum all day. How active are you guys? Do you ever go West at all? I'm a little apprehensive about taking the Dirt Dauber on any lengthy trips until she's tip-top!

PS. Salve I seriously hope everyone out there in Nastyville is doing okay. I saw some photos of the damage (including an aerial shot of the Mall and Hotel) and was just in disbelief! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys!

Last edited by smoverstreet; 05-07-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: add condolences
Old 05-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really haven't had a chance to do much with the group yet. I have only been a member since the begining of the year and haven't been in Nashville when they are hosting the meet and greets. I was going to go to Uwharrie but the Rover pooped out and I had to work. The damage in Nashville is insane! Most of my friends missed the flooding or only had some basement flooding so we're all thankfull for that. I'm hoping that the country takes more notice and everybody helps out. Most of the people that were affected don't have flood insurance so its gonna be tough for a lot of people to rebuild. Its sad...