ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Movies

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Movies

What movie(s) have you seen with good offroading in them? Rover or not.

Sorcerer (1977) - IMDb

The first part of the movie is the background of each character, but hang tight, the real action starts half way through.
I recommend this one, Netflix has it.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I don't know if I've posted it on this forum, I have on several, but here's a pretty good list of movies with Land Rovers in them.
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?ma...d-Rover&model=

Old 05-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I started to pay attention to trucks in movies I noticed Rovers were driven mostly by the bad guys.... except in James Bond.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Team Owner

Ever watch "24"?
All the good guys drove Fords, all the bad guys drove Chevy's...I stopped watching after I noticed that in the first season.
Every commercial break there was a Ford commercial.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Baja

It's called product placement. They probably got the fords for free.
Same with the Cisco routers in the show and the Cisco ads.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:50 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It amazing to see how advertisements have made it into just about every show. Especially with cars. "The Mentalist" has all GM cars and only GM commercials during the show. It pretty obvious if you pay attention to it.

The one movie I remember seeing a rover, more specifically a Disco II, was in the Crocodile Hunter movie. haha the bad guy drove it though...

Old 05-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
It amazing to see how advertisements have made it into just about every show.
Not really, when you consider how willing people are to buy, say...Old Navy t-shirts to do free advertising for them. Or any number of other products.

Even I will do it, but they have to give me the shirt, or whatever, free. I've been known to do a bit of IBM advertising in my day.
On the other hand IBM has also given me probably $10k worth of software free over the years.

Last edited by antichrist; 05-23-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Team Owner

If a deal puts a licence plate holder and a sticker on the back of any car I buy the first thing I do is take that stuff off and return the licence plate holder.
The salesman always ask why and I tell them unless you are going to pay me each month for as long as I own the car I will not advertise for them.
Goo-Gone works great for removing dealer stickers, most peel right off if you do it right, but any sticky stuff left the Goo-Gone will take it right off.

I have a really cool t-shift from a family business in AK. It has a pic of Uncle Sam and it says "We want your body" and on the back is says Doug's Auto Body, Anchorage AK.
I like to wear it in the winter time with shorts and no jacket to the store.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:17 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
Not really, when you consider how willing people are to buy, say...Old Navy t-shirts to do free advertising for them. Or any number of other products.

Even I will do it, but they have to give me the shirt, or whatever, free. I've been known to do a bit of IBM advertising in my day.
On the other hand IBM has also given me problem $10k worth of software free over the years.
Yeah, thats been happening for years, but I'm talking on the TV level. Everything is an advertisement. 10 years ago everything was a a fake brand or hidden. Now logos everywhere they can put them.

My school is genius at the T-shirt thing though. I prob get about 10-14 free t-shirts every year with a huge HPU logo. They are cool shirts and student wear them all the time. Free marketing when student go home for the summer right there. Plus, if you take the charter bus to the airport to catch your flight, if you wear an HPU shirt the ride is free to the airport. Where better to advertise??

Old 05-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Ace Ventura Pet Detective - there are about 20 series 2a's in it.

Quick Reply: Movies