ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Nw Oregon rover owners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is several of us just a bit north of you by ft lewis WA. think just sound of tacoma.
we go out on a regular basis -i will email you when we are going out next but it may be a min or two as most of us are currently deployed in iraq for the next 9 months or so. however, when we get back next summer we have several trip in and around the WA area we wanna do...
whats your contact info if anyone is intrested?

pilsner

Old 10-27-2009, 01:02 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey wuz up guys and girls, I’m a new poster here.
I’m in Southern Oregon and have owned my baby now for about 1yr. Saw you guys where talking about Columbia Rovers, well I have only dealt with them maybe 3 times but gots to say they are a great bunch of guys. They know their stuff and get to it ASAP. Anyway, I like them. There is not too many Rover owners here in the aria but most seem to be cool. There is one jerk off who passes by you and yell’s: I think mine is newer.
Anyway, ima run him off the road one day…. But again he has a Rover.

Anyway they say the trails down here are good, never gone tho. So if anyone ever comes down this way for a trail run please include me…. please!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Drifting

Columbia Rovers does good work so does Green Oval motors, theres also anther place iv heard of that havent been to called Ships Mechanical another local rover owner told me about him. I also live in the Portland area ( Toutdale ) im hoping you all enjoyed the Portland snow last winter, hope we see it again myself. If anyone knows of any good 4x4 spots let me know most of the places I knew of as a kid have been blocked by gates ( mt. hood area ).

Old 10-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Drifting
Talking To the mtn !!!!

Planning on heading up around timothy lake on thursday the mtn got a little snow so I figured if I cant find s bit of mud im sure hit snow. Dont exaclty know where up there ill be going theres miles of old logging roads that havent been gated yet so will see what happens.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a good time, just passed by there on my way to Redomond to visit the grandparents and spent a day on Glass butte. We hit the trails up to the rainbow obsidian areas. Brought back 3 buckets of nice rock!

Old 10-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Drifting

Hey right on ill be headin out that way for Turkey day. Ill try and post some pics when I get back this Thursday.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:24 AM
6th Gear
Default Nw Oregon rover owners

Well Im in the SE Area around 82nd, I own a black 87 TII, Im apart of a group call Gripswing You normally will see me on i205, i84 and highway 26 because I work at Nike.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:30 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Aloha, work at Intel. Ronler Acres, D1D. What does an 87 TII look like? I have a copper/orangish D2 and am always driving around the Nike campus and Beaverton. I'll have to keep an eye out for you.

Do any of you know much about Brown's Camp? I went up there a few months ago with a buddy and his dirt bikes but did no trails with the Rover. Is there much in the way of trails and places to go up there with a fairly stock D2? All I went on was bike trails.

Maybe we could get a group together and go up there, or meet at Sand Lake.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Drifting

So much for the pics huh. not much to look at when she breaks down right in the beginning of the trip. Ill post a pic of the water hole that killed her.