ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Range Rover Evoque Bicycle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Baja
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Range Rover Evoque Bicycle?

how much will a Range Rover Evoque Bicycle cost?

http://www.interactivelandrover.com/...php?itemID=200

Old 03-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Baja

and couldnt they at least made it a mountain bike not a road bike? is that some kind of joke. putting a road bike on a 2wd land rover?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:59 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Rover Gods will not be happy about this....

Old 03-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
and couldnt they at least made it a mountain bike not a road bike? is that some kind of joke. putting a road bike on a 2wd land rover?
It's not a joke unfortunately or should I say the joke is on all of us that use our aging Rovers as they were originally supposed to be. Exploring the wild lands beyond pavement and blacktop. It's exactly where the company that used to make real Land Rovers is headed. Pavement Queens only.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:10 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Roverrocks
It's not a joke unfortunately or should I say the joke is on all of us that use our aging Rovers as they were originally supposed to be. Exploring the wild lands beyond pavement and blacktop. It's exactly where the company that used to make real Land Rovers is headed. Pavement Queens only.
With this kind of junk coming out I really hope that the brand split comes about : the new "Range Rover" brand can do their own thing and appeal to rappers and celebrities, while "Land Rover" can come back down to Earth and start making real SUV's again for us "regular" people.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Baja

how can you split it up? just don't get it... the range rover was the first seriously capable luxury SUV now its just going to be a luxury SUV? what's the point.. they are in it for the money and not the passion. otherwise they would be making trucks like the series 3 and not like the evoque.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:43 PM
TReK

how can you split it up? just don't get it... the range rover was the first seriously capable luxury SUV now its just going to be a luxury SUV? what's the point.. they are in it for the money and not the passion. otherwise they would be making trucks like the series 3 and not like the evoque.
It does makes sense in terms of $$$$$...not in the sense of splitting up a long legacy of great 4x4's. I wonder if it was an idea from the Brits to at least keep the brand alive, or if it was the wonderful folks at Tata, who we have to respect at least somewhat for even keeping the Land Rover brand alive at all.

I could care less what direction the Range Rover "brand" goes at this point, they are already outrageously priced, I just want to know what will happen with the "new" Land Rover brand and if they will gear more formidable and affordable SUV's to actually compete in the US market...with the success of the Wranglers it would only make sense.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think 60 years ago they had an incredible passion but it slowly eroded away as the original owners/engineers/dreamers died off or retired. Then came BMW, Ford, and now TaTa and it completely turned over in it's cold grave to the point where the origins of LR are completely lost in the mists of history. Evolution is not always a thing to be desired or wished for. LR has been lost to the almost complete urbanization of the human race since WW2.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't entirely write off Land Rover, especially not the Discovery 4/LR4. They are still very capable trucks with the right tweaks. Range Rovers...well, they're still capable, but who wants to drive an $85k vehicle off the beaten path?

I still love the LR3, and would have one in a hot damn minute. I'd also take an LR4 in a heartbeat too.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:29 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by Roverrocks
I think 60 years ago they had an incredible passion but it slowly eroded away as the original owners/engineers/dreamers died off or retired. Then came BMW, Ford, and now TaTa and it completely turned over in it's cold grave to the point where the origins of LR are completely lost in the mists of history. Evolution is not always a thing to be desired or wished for. LR has been lost to the almost complete urbanization of the human race since WW2.
they still building em in Solihull so I don't care who owns the company it's still british. the day they close down the plant and send the work over to workers in new delhi or something is the day i go find a new passion.

Quick Reply: Range Rover Evoque Bicycle?