ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

tattoos

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
IMO. Ignorance is getting a tattoo in a language you don't speak. You pray it says what you asked the tattoo artist for.

and not everyone eats cheeseburgers, they are called vegetarians or 2.5% of the United States population.
whoever said that I didn't speak the language?...i do, but thats besides the fact. I think you better run a search on "ignorance" as it relates to human race....if i'm waay off, i apologize, please help me understand.

It was a rhetorical question. not every asian speaks chinese or knows self-defense...i mean "kung fu".

P.s. this isn't a discussion as to whether or not my paint is acceptable to you or not....we're talking stereotypes.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by discoxd
speaking and reading chinese are two different things... and now ever since al gore invented the internet its pretty easy to find out if what you have tattooed on you does in fact say what you wanted it to... to each his own i say... i'm sure there are people out there who dont like the tattoo on my arm and wont like the one i am getting, but i didnt do it for them...

You're right, the facts say a lot. That's why so many people rely on Wikipedia.

Look at this forum for example, people can't even agree if an engine flush is fantastic or the stupidest thing you can do...

but yes. to each his own.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by richief556
whoever said that I didn't speak the language?...i do, but thats besides the fact. I think you better run a search on "ignorance" as it relates to human race....if i'm waay off, i apologize, please help me understand.

It was a rhetorical question. not every asian speaks chinese or knows self-defense...i mean "kung fu".

P.s. this isn't a discussion as to whether or not my paint is acceptable to you or not....we're talking stereotypes.

Actually in China a more realistic self defense is Tai-Chi. Kung fu is traditionally taught as a hard martial art, one to attack.

Yes not every Asian speaks Chinese, not even every Chinese person speaks the same Chinese. It's a macrolanguage.

I never said if your tattoo was acceptable or not? I merely asked if you knew the language. Personally I wouldn't get a tattoo of a different language unless I understood the language (speak spell write). But who gives a **** if i have a tattoo or not, as I am not looking for acceptance of anything.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:07 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

left arm is sleeved, right arm is mostly covered but not in sleeve form, lower right leg is covered, most of my upper back, my right torso/ribcage area is covered, and my inner lower lip,,,

will post a few pics when i am home

Old 08-06-2009, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
left arm is sleeved, right arm is mostly covered but not in sleeve form, lower right leg is covered, most of my upper back, my right torso/ribcage area is covered, and my inner lower lip,,,

will post a few pics when i am home

whats on your inner lip? i knew a guy in the military had his social there.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
Actually in China a more realistic self defense is Tai-Chi. Kung fu is traditionally taught as a hard martial art, one to attack.

I never said if your tattoo was acceptable or not? I merely asked if you knew the language. Personally I wouldn't get a tattoo of a different language unless I understood the language (speak spell write). But who gives a **** if i have a tattoo or not, as I am not looking for acceptance of anything.
You're right, you didn't mention anything about my tat being acceptable or not....it was a response to someone else's remark. Yes, I do know the language. I can agree with that. I probably wouldn't get one in another language either. I can give two flying f^cks about anyone elses tattoos, I'M not the one that has to look at it everyday. I'm worried about my own. Actually, i copy what you're saying...this stems from discoxd's remarks...."kung fu". Has nothing to do with acceptance. Has to do with respect.

Last edited by richief556; 08-06-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was just wonderin if you could killl a man from 200 yards with the broken shards of some chopsticks... bc thats how i would roll if i could....

Old 08-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Mudding

i was just wonderin if you could killl a man from 200 yards with the broken shards of some chopsticks... bc thats how i would roll if i could....
lol....you could, but then again you could probably use it to clear food in the gaps where you're missing teeth. haha, "shortbus", how fitting. What, did you win that disco at a beer festival?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love beer!!!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:42 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i love beer!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y39JehmZO4