ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Wheeling in MA

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wheeling in MA

Is there any wheeling to be done in mass or around mass coming up? I'm on cape and finally got my truck ready to wheel so I'm anxious to get out there. There's not much on cape to do besides beach driving

Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

if you find something let me know, might have to plan a trip in the spring to go north and see what these things can do.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

There are some places in Kingston, MA and some trails on private property I Sturbridge, plus there is a great group out of New Hampshire that runs the Class V roads up there (they're less road than trail). Their website is exploringnh.com.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be very interested in the spring once I get the CDL installed into our 2002 Discovery. I will be looking for tires over the winter for the extra set of 18" wheels I have for just that occasion. I'm not looking for anything radical as the wife drives it every day and I'd like to bring the family with me. We went to a sand pit a few years back and the kids had a ball.

I do plan to have an OME 2" lift.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by FantomRover
Is there any wheeling to be done in mass or around mass coming up? I'm on cape and finally got my truck ready to wheel so I'm anxious to get out there. There's not much on cape to do besides beach driving
I'm also on cape. Go wheeling sometime? The only places to go on cape would be behind the Brewster dump, but that is literally dirt roads. Look up Freetown State forest. Just off cape, local dirt bikers, ATV and 4x4 guys go there. It is legal, but again, mainly dirt roads. On cape the Environmental police have cracked down on off roading in the past 5 years or so.

I've done extensive searching for trails close to the cape, Freetown is the best bet. Check out some videos on you tube.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Mudding

i know that there are places near cape but not many on cape, i frequent the punk horn and hawks nest but never been on a "good" trail. I've never heard of kingston or Freetown but i know theres some places in dartmouth. The new hampshire one sounds pretty cool. 95RoverLWB pm me sometime and we can set something up

Old 12-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by FantomRover
i know that there are places near cape but not many on cape, i frequent the punk horn and hawks nest but never been on a "good" trail. I've never heard of kingston or Freetown but i know theres some places in dartmouth. The new hampshire one sounds pretty cool. 95RoverLWB pm me sometime and we can set something up
My favorite spot on cape is between exit 3 and 4. It is a powerline access road you can enter off Chase rd. (exit 4). I started a trail up around the fence which is now huge, you can't miss it. Just went out the other day and the washouts are big from the fall rains, so you can do some damage. But a lot of variety and challenges. Ran into MEP Officer and he hardly cared we were out there.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Mudding

That sounds pretty fun. I definitely want to check that out ASAP

Old 12-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Are Florida and Ma'Bell road still around in MA? That was some great wheeling.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Three Wheeling

^ I believe the roads are still open, but those were in western mass? I found some jeep videos on YouTube with "old Florida road" Id go check it out. Once summer comes around we will have to put something together.

Quick Reply: Wheeling in MA