Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grom Audio Unit & DVD player 2004 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 09:31 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grom Audio Unit & DVD player 2004 Disco

I was hoping someone would have an answer , I have a Disco 2004 with factory mounted DVD Player and cd changer, I just ordered A Grom Audio Bluetooth and its on its way! , I just realized I don't want to lose the DVD for my kids but would like to install the Grom audio, can I still do this and continue to have full functionality of the DVD player? does the DVD player get power from the cd changer or the Head Radio unit how about sound? If I disconnect CD changer will I have problems with the DVD unit? Any advice will help thank toy

Old 11-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Where's the DVD Player located?

The Grom plugs into the rear of the radio, in place of the CD Changer, so you will lose the CD Changer functionality.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:18 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am ok losing the cd changer, the DVD player functionality is what I don't want to lose, this includes sound through speakers. I have attached a picture of the unit I have it is attached to the roof it seems to be original. Right now the way it works is I start the movie and to get sound I have to press on the CD button on the head unit and sound starts , if no movie is playing I will get CD changer ( but its a hit and miss with the cd changer sometimes it works many times it does not) I was hoping to connect grom audio either to the back of the head unit or at the cd changer whatever will work and keep functionality of the dvd player. thoughts?

Does anyone know where DVD player gets it's power and Audio from? does the cd changer have anything to do with that ( I hope not!)

mine does not have the logo

Last edited by DiscoAdan; 11-16-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:38 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello

Last edited by cmansilla; 02-08-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:43 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,
My name is Cesar Mansilla, I'm from Chile and I have a Discovery 2 V8 4.0 with high line audio system and an overhead DVD unit. This is my first post in this forum and I hope that this information can help other with the same problem.
There is so much time since last post but, I finally solved this compatibility problem between GROM and the overhead Rosen DVD.
In the Disco 2 with Highline audio system you can disconnect the CD exchanger unit and plug the GROM device into this connector (you must reconnect the original blue connector in the back of the head unit) so, with this way now you can swich between DVD and GROM like the CD exchanger.
The only issue that I detected is that when you are playing a DVD and you want to switch to GROM, when you disable the audio output from the DVD, the audio head unit get sticked into CD-00, so you must turn off and on the head unit and the CD-01 come back
Here is the diagram connection for the GROM cable modification. If you don't care about the CD exchanger cable, you can cut this and join cables like the diagram.

In yellow you can see the new GROM cable

If you have doubts about this, please contact me.
​​​​​​​Regards