Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great News from NJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 11:41 AM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts
Default Great News from NJ

After a long battle of failed NJ inspection, I finally made it. It took me over a year to get this and felt like great getting this sticker today. So many codes to mention. Thanks to all in this forum!

Old 12-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,187 Likes on 849 Posts

All's well, that ends well.

Congrats.

Brian.

The following users liked this post:
LR03NJ (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 12:11 PM
TReK
Default My Code Collections

Originally Posted by The Deputy
All's well, that ends well.

Congrats.

Brian.
Thanks Brian!

Old 12-08-2016, 12:58 PM
TReK
Received 767 Likes on 635 Posts

Congrats!

My inspection is also due this month, and I battled a lot of codes too but I think changing the O2 sensors might have resolved that. I always have a pending code for a rough road sensor error; hopefully the guy at the end of the street overlooks that one again.

LR03NJ (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 617 Posts

Originally Posted by LR03NJ

I like that REJECTED sticker. Did that allow you keep it registered and drive it through the year or was it off the road all that time?

Old 12-08-2016, 06:48 PM
TReK

I think registration is separate thing. I had the engine light when I had it inspected which I know I will fail, just to keep record of the fault codes they gave me. They give us time here to fix the problem for a month. Im not sure how many times you can fail here but I had it inspected again with engine light. Then, failed again and again. I think as long as you get it inspected thats why its inspection. lol . But I got stopped 3 times with the expired inspection. The 1st, I still have the paper works that I went to inspection and the rest gave me a lesser offense. Like blocking a driveway and plate not visible. I did not know that $280.00 ticket for expired inspection, the last checkpoint cop told me that. I drive the disco daily.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Camel Trophy

Boy, NJ sounds like a great place to live. They create enough laws...and make it to difficult for anyone to make it through their day...without becoming a criminal...lol.

Sounds like...just a bunch of ways to raise revenue.

Michigan, has no such laws that require vehicle inspections.

Brian.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Mudding
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Boy, NJ sounds like a great place to live. They create enough laws...and make it to difficult for anyone to make it through their day...without becoming a criminal...lol.

Sounds like...just a bunch of ways to raise revenue.

Michigan, has no such laws that require vehicle inspections.

Brian.

NJ is actually very easy compared to many states. My son went well over two years without passing inspection as he made repairs at his leisure. You can get a no point ticket for a failed inspection, but they don't take the car off the road.

The only thing they test for is emissions systems. You go to an inspection station, they hook it up to the code reader, if you clear codes, you are good for two years. They don't actually inspect the cars. My F250 got exempted this year. Never have to get it inspected again. Try going through PA inspection, then get back to me about NJ.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by gulfstream69xr7
NJ is actually very easy compared to many states. My son went well over two years without passing inspection as he made repairs at his leisure. You can get a no point ticket for a failed inspection, but they don't take the car off the road.

The only thing they test for is emissions systems. You go to an inspection station, they hook it up to the code reader, if you clear codes, you are good for two years. They don't actually inspect the cars. My F250 got exempted this year. Never have to get it inspected again. Try going through PA inspection, then get back to me about NJ.
I'm planning on staying in Michigan, where I'm safe and sound...and smelling exhaust fumes regularly...so I'm not so sure about the safe and sound thingy. But, just think of the money I'm saving...while I'm being killed...lol.

Life is all about balance...

Brian.

Last edited by The Deputy; 12-09-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:44 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Congrats LR03NJ, persistence finally paid off, well done, a feeling of supreme satisfaction now on your part no doubt you can treat yourself to a beer or two or three

LR03NJ (12-09-2016)

Quick Reply: Great News from NJ