Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shock input needed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 09:43 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mx468
If you end up selling the ome shocks I might be interested.
Definitely, probably a month or so but as soon as they're off I'll send you a PM.

Originally Posted by Dave03S
From what I understand from L8 2" lift can use normal shock. Greater than that then the +2's.
From what I understand the OME shocks are a little longer than stock but not much. I like to play in the dirt, so I want as much travel as I can get. The shocks now act almost like a limiting straps, they don't allow the suspension full droop. The 2 inch lift with 32 inch tires is perfect for me, just looking to get as much articulation out of the suspension as possible.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:44 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
Sorry for all of my typos, above. Ugh.
Didn't even notice my friend, I talk to my phone so I bet I'm the worst haha.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:31 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,191 Likes on 851 Posts

Originally Posted by TjTalan
You must have different laws where you live. Here, we have to park within 6" of the curb...not...2' the other side of it...lol.

Just jerking your chain, great looking rig.

Do you have any pictures of your winch mount and assembly. I'm building a front bumper at the moment...and where your winch is mounted will be about the same location as what I'm looking for.

Thank you.

Brian.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:41 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Charlie_V

I don't like the TF shocks, BTW.
Charlie, is it the ride quality?

Reason asking...I put TF on my wife's 03 right after getting it home from purchase. Didn't know if it was my imagination or what...but it seemed to ride so much better on the 80 mile trip home from PO.

The shocks on my 01 need replacing...and I just wanted to know if "what I'm feeling/imagining" is correct...and a different brand is in order.

Thank you,

Brian.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:03 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Charlie, is it the ride quality?

Reason asking...I put TF on my wife's 03 right after getting it home from purchase. Didn't know if it was my imagination or what...but it seemed to ride so much better on the 80 mile trip home from PO.

The shocks on my 01 need replacing...and I just wanted to know if "what I'm feeling/imagining" is correct...and a different brand is in order.

Thank you,

Brian.
I have MD TF shocks with maybe a little too much weight on front (arb bumper and winch... Probably calls for HD) so I'm referring the MD shocks, but even before the winch the ride quality was very harsh. They seem to be slow to compress and rebound. A buddy has a Disco with billsteins and the same setup (including tires, TF springs) and the ride on his is remarkably smoother same road / same day.

The following users liked this post:
The Deputy (12-17-2016)
Old 12-18-2016, 10:33 PM
Drifting

You must have different laws where you live. Here, we have to park within 6" of the curb...not...2' the other side of it...lol.

Just jerking your chain, great looking rig.

Do you have any pictures of your winch mount and assembly. I'm building a front bumper at the moment...and where your winch is mounted will be about the same location as what I'm looking for.

Thank you.

Brian.
Its actually parked in front of my shop, it's a spot between the street and the sidewalk haha. I was told the mount for the winch is a factory part, i'll snap some photographs tomorrow.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:00 AM
Camel Trophy

Thank you, looking forward to seeing it close up.

Brian.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:12 AM
Drifting

Thank you, looking forward to seeing it close up.

Brian.
I'm planning on going with a slimline front bumper, but the serves it's purpose for now.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2,272 Likes on 1,676 Posts

I really wish Bilstein made a set of 2inch longer 5100's for our D2's! I had those shocks on a Jeep Wrangler and my H3 Alpha and they were great shocks.

I've tried to cross reference 5100's for 2inch longer that would fit the D2, but I've come up empty handed so far.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Best4x4
I really wish Bilstein made a set of 2inch longer 5100's for our D2's! I had those shocks on a Jeep Wrangler and my H3 Alpha and they were great shocks.

I've tried to cross reference 5100's for 2inch longer that would fit the D2, but I've come up empty handed so far.
I'm right there with you, Bilsteins are my go to on all my other vehicles. Definitely one of the best in my opinion. You just can't beat the price versus performance of the Fox set up, at least in this application.

Quick Reply: Shock input needed?