Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extra cooling upgrades for the D2? (Towing and pulling grades)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 11:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
I will wait for Robert's response as I am looking at the stock radiator replacement. My goal is to get the truck back to as if it just came off the show room floor. Of course, if the price is right that could change.

With that said, always feel free to ping me with any of your OEM parts that you plan on replacing (i.e. radiator mounts)
I had a work thing early and by the time I called Allisport had left the office for the day. Calling them tomorrow now.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any word on the radiator purchase?

Old 01-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I've been so slammed with green light planning this week I haven't called yet. i'll get on it first thing monday

Old 01-22-2017, 12:00 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for barging in with a question on a simpler approach. Out of curiosity has anyone tried opening up the front grill of the D2 with some drilling (for more air flow at all speeds, temps, and loads)? I've got the inline TSAT on a stock rad and fan clutch (tried the Hayden HD but it wasn't enough of a difference), but living in TX i'm also looking to go down the more expensive route of electric fan + aluminum rad upgrade. I'm looking at all the new rovers and noticing how much more open area the new grills have. Thinking about getting out the drill...

04 D2 Turner long block stage2 cam, stock heads, CAI, 180F hiflow inline Tstat mod, stock fan/rad, magnaflow cats stock muffler, 20W-50 255/60/18 (a little taller), steel bumpers, TF steering rods. Runs 180-220F across the range of seasons and loads.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 970 Likes on 645 Posts

Oh, that is something I've done and I always fail to remember when cooling comes up as an issue! I made a mesh grill for my truck, somewhat styled after the "Saudi Grill" that some people make using the 99-02 grills. I just used mesh, cut it to shape, bent it with a sheet metal bender that I made, and then zip tied it in place. Made it nice to mount a couple lights behind it, too.

The following users liked this post:
phatduc (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 11:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
Oh, that is something I've done and I always fail to remember when cooling comes up as an issue! I made a mesh grill for my truck, somewhat styled after the "Saudi Grill" that some people make using the 99-02 grills. I just used mesh, cut it to shape, bent it with a sheet metal bender that I made, and then zip tied it in place. Made it nice to mount a couple lights behind it, too.

liking that grill man. Did you happen to take pictures of how you did it. I'm planning on doing the same with mine but would like to either put a light bar behind it or the lights like you have.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 970 Likes on 645 Posts

You just happened to catch me while I was standing next to the truck. Lucky you, I see it once a week at the most since I'm at school.ill grab some pictures.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:26 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
You just happened to catch me while I was standing next to the truck. Lucky you, I see it once a week at the most since I'm at school.ill grab some pictures.
Thanks
man

Old 01-22-2017, 08:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I'm pretty sure that partially blocking my grille with a set of Hellas doesn't help
i'mgoing to call Allisport in the morning and will report back.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:43 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Hey Robert - Not to pressure you...but, I am highly considering redoing my radiator. Meaning, replacing all the mounts and radiator itself. Was kind of holding off on this project till I heard back on the potential group pricing. Also...depending on which way you go, I am in the market for all the radiator mounting equipment if you have left over bits.

Quick Reply: Extra cooling upgrades for the D2? (Towing and pulling grades)