Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Like me, does your Disco challenge your sanity?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 02:02 PM
fgd
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Like me, does your Disco challenge your sanity?

I'm hoping it's not just me. Lately I've been questioning my ownership of my Discovery. A little water leaking through to the headliner started it. Then every odd squeak or rumble sets off a chain of worse case scenario thoughts about what might be breaking. Constantly looking at the temps on my ultragauge. Feels like I'm developing a madness.

Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Sorry for the rant. I figured people here would understand.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:10 PM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts

What is this sanity that you speak of??????? I think I lost that many years ago.
If you keep drinking LR ownership gets better.

Last edited by OverRover; 01-09-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,272 Likes on 1,676 Posts

Originally Posted by fgd
I'm hoping it's not just me. Lately I've been questioning my ownership of my Discovery. A little water leaking through to the headliner started it. Then every odd squeak or rumble sets off a chain of worse case scenario thoughts about what might be breaking. Constantly looking at the temps on my ultragauge. Feels like I'm developing a madness.

Coming from 3 crappy Jeep’s before getting back into LR’s I’ve had nothing but great things to say about my LR’s. Easy to work on, fun to drive, and very comfortable.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts

You hit the nail on the head! I had a Toyota b4, and I got my Rover b/c I was bored. OH how I long for that boredom sometimes! It's the camaraderie that I get through these forums, and the badge of honor for keeping something on the road that others can't handle, that keeps me in my Rover. That's besides the all-around capability, utility, and coolness of it! You're not nuts, but follow OverRover's instructions above, and enjoy the ride! We'll be here for moral support when you need it!

Old 01-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Insanity is when you start looking for a second one to buy and work on. I got my eye on one....

Old 01-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by OverRover
What is this sanity that you speak of??????? I think I lost that many years ago.
If you keep drinking LR ownership gets better.
X1 ............. yep, the OP is correct, ...............what sanity, we are all nuts, if it's not one thing that goes wrong it's another and I peddle a 2003 TD5 so another three cylinders would blow my mind now. I have to admit though, the LR4 (D4) is very well behaved so far albeit I have been very lucky with my D2 also, over 15 years not a lot of serious problems really.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm ready for a straight jacket and a padded cell. Last year I installed an engine worth more than the truck. Wait, maybe that was the sane thing to do. Wait, what? See, I'm nuts!!!

Old 01-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Received 1,151 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by fgd

Obsessive about Temps, it is a sleeve aluminum engine that is just normal no matter who built it

Odd squeaks noises bother you - apparently you too tend to buy "older" vehicles

Your wife claiming you are OCD about maintenance because you plan minor things like oil changes weeks in advance that might be an issue.

Considering whether to order a diesel conversion, before your 4.6 shows any signs of a problem. Just in case it does implode that might be a sign of insanity.

But I left a 20 year old 300000 Km, 5 speed R50 Pathfinder to move over to LR's so maybe not a poster boy for sanity

Old 01-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,463 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Originally Posted by Lisa Bunch
Insanity is when you start looking for a second one to buy and work on. I got my eye on one....
Two is just getting started...
The fleet...

The following users liked this post:
JUKE179r (01-11-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 07:46 PM
TReK
Received 481 Likes on 404 Posts

This isn't a forum...it's a support group.
I hate my Disco, but I sure do love it.

Quick Reply: Like me, does your Disco challenge your sanity?