Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 2 throttle body re-assembly

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 10:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Dude, that's nice.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Got it back together

Starting the process
Getting the butterfly properly positioned and screwed back in. Remember to turn it over and flare the back of the screws so they don't come out. If you choose to take off the butterfly for any reason, a pair of needle nose pliers will close them enough so you can unscrew them
Getting the proper spring tension. It's somewhat self explanatory. Once you line up the inner and outer spring with the keeper bar on the manifold side, really all you have to do is turn the springs just a bit past the idle screw setting them pop on your linkage for cruise and throttle and pop the springs on then. You are turning counter clockwise with the springs facing you.
Now with the thingamabob that helps control the cry is and throttle linkage (yea I can't remember the proper name)
Put the spacer that goes over the shaft so the cruise and throttle control won't move side to side
I found it easiest to go ahead and hook the spring on the keep the rotate it counter clockwise and fit it over the shaft
Same process as above
Now put the washer, locking washer and nut on. Tighten it up good the flare the locking tabs on the nut to keep it from loosing up.
Finished product
Another shot of the finished product
A close up of that pesky washer that kept throwing my for a loop. If goes on the throttle position sensor side.
Ok I got it all back together and wasn't as bad as I thought. The worst part was the metal bushing that goes by the throttle position sensor. I took the spring side apart I don't know how many times trying to figure it out. Getting the spring tension correct wasn't as bad as u think. It's just one half turn with the inner and outer spring once u have the straight end in place. Attached are some pictures if anybody decides to disassemble or if they just want to take apart the butterfly for a better cleaning. Hope this will hell anybody wanting to have your throttle body powder coated or paired. If you have any questions, pm me