Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

body graphics

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 06:48 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default body graphics

Hello my fellow landy brothers and sisters, weekend warriors and fellow travelers,

here are the first round of body Graphics for my upcoming trip across the USA. Unfortunately I have MS and am Recently divorced after 20 years. I cant really afford to live off of social security and rent a house anymore. so I have decided to travel with the SSDI instead. and see how long my body either gets worse or better due to less environmental stress.

so anyhow. My site is a travel blog for Veterans with MS and PTSD who like myself have become hermits in our own homes due to our illnesses. I want to try my best to give others hope that they can go out and travel and see then country we protected and stood up for and still enjoy life rather than staring down four walls everyday.

My blog is called MSoverlanderUSA.com Please stop by and visit. (admin please let me know if you want me to remove the reference.) I would like your all's advise and input on my simple graphics I designed and had printed at my friends business.

I plan on doing the two back rear windows as well as the main rear window in a film that's made for windows so I can see out but ya all cant see in and I can do graphic's on them as well.

As I can do layers in the graphics I was thinking of starting with a background that mimics the window guards then on top putting on the next layer Tributes to each of my fellow Countryman's service. I e army navy air force marines etc.. and also my web address and gofundme account address to help with my journey and get some corporate sponsors as well.

I am open to suggestions, and criticism, without that I cannot succeed in my travels.

roger.

The following users liked this post:
carnellm (05-22-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 11:01 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Roger, I think your intentions are commendable

Old 05-21-2017, 11:42 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 943 Likes on 634 Posts

I think this is a really awesome idea, Roger. I'd say also invest in a nice DSLR camera, too, if you don't already have one. See if you can get some publicity, keep up a daily blog, maybe even make some videos.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Love this! And now I want to customize my hood emblems too.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

Since you'll be stopping by to work off the donation...l will be starting a list now...lol.

No, but seriously...hope you begin your journey soon and it fulfills your every dream. And there is certainly no reason for you to work off any small generosity on my part. Just paying it forward. A bunch of wonderful folks donated monies when my boy, the Deputy, was hit on the road...and because of their unselfish act and prayers...he lying at my feet today...eight years later.

Again, best of luck in your endeavor and take the scenic route.

Brian.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
See if you can get some publicity, keep up a daily blog, maybe even make some videos.
Having a couple hot chicks, preferably in bikinis...or not , along for the ride...would not hurt one thing either...lol.

Just saying...

Brian.

P.S. l'll go a head and apologize to any women folk here, for the above childish comment. I promise, I will try to be a better person...starting tomorrow...lol.

Last edited by The Deputy; 05-21-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:47 PM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Personally, I really love the graphics you did, they really compliment the vehicle (the a Roger Rover name plate on the hood cracked me up!)

Old 05-22-2017, 05:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is beyond cool. Best of luck and please keep all us up to date with the travel pics. And... If you're selling those lower decals that run the along the bottom of the doors, PM me, I'd be interested in a set.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Hey Roger, can we get some more pictures of your truck inside and out?

It looks like a chairlift in the back and curious how you set it up if that is the case.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Roger,
As a fellow vet and ptsd suffer, I think it's great man. I did two tours then one as a private contractor. I would say get you a go pro also and mount that on the dash because there will be some stuff you won't have time to get a camera out and catch good footage. I also say if you make it around bham, al, pm me in advance and we can grab some lunch or something. I think the graphics are sweet though! Keep us posted man

Quick Reply: body graphics