Tires What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Dune Grappler DT NITTO

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008 | 09:04 PM
|
Winching
Default Dune Grappler DT NITTO

ANYONE USED THE NITTO Dune Grappler DT flame pattern tread or off road in mud?
also looking at the cooper ZEON LTZ
Looking to just put on when on the trail and keep my other tires for daily driving

Old 03-22-2008 | 10:12 PM
Winching
Default RE: Dune Grappler DT NITTO

The Zeon LTZs have gotten very good reviews fromLand Roverowners, especially late models. The tread pattern is aggressive enough to be very good off road, yet well manered enough to be quiet and comfortable on road. GYSilent Armors are another good choice, also great reviews from current users. However if you are looking for 16 instead of 18, then the field opens wideas far as choices.

Old 03-23-2008 | 07:36 AM
|
Winching

can't fit 16 on the lr3 i wish i could; so looking at getting another set of 18s to run off road i like the GR but thinking i want more agressive tread leaning to the coopers they are alot cheaper but didn't know if any one had tried the flame pattern nittos.

Old 03-27-2008 | 06:56 AM
|
Winching

WOW no one has tried the Nittos i just might have to buck up and get some

Old 03-27-2008 | 10:44 AM
Winching

I saw the flame pattern when I was looking for tires. I honestly find it hard to take anything like that serious. I'm sure they tested the pattern at lenght to make sure it offered good traction, it just looks too much like a show and tell piece rather than a real tire to me.

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:02 AM
Winching

It's alot like the TruXus STS.

The TruXus's are proven offroad. The width-wise grooves make it very good in loose terrain. If you're going mud bogging, these probably arn't going to be the best choices, but Interco say's they are just as good offroad and in the rocks as any traditional all-terrain tread.

The flame pattern is probably largely for show, but it still retains the needed pattern for loose-terrain (sand/snow/dunes) grip.

That said..I probably would take the Truxus over the Nitto...but that's my preference

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:04 AM
|
Winching

ya i have wondered that as well but i think it is the most agressive choice for the LR3
unless i get some Goodyear M/T shipped in from over the pond and im not dropping that kind of cash on somthing i will use a few times a month. im not shure how well they will clear mud
i might give nitto a call

Can I get the TruXus's for the LR3? If so who do i call???

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:07 AM
Winching

Even if they can clear mud efficiently...the channels are simply not deep enough to provide mud traction. If you want to mud, you need a m/t or an a/t. Not a sand tire. But I havn't looked for LR3 tires..is the size that odd? Have you looked at 4 Wheel Parts or an offroad supplier as opposed to a traditional tire shop?

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:47 AM
|
Winching

the size is stupid odd. and an 18" rim trying to find the most agressive tread in a 285/60/18even would go with a 275 or 265 but theur are only a few choices.

Old 03-27-2008 | 01:57 PM
Winching

Ditto. If I had a spare set of 18's to use only when off roading, you better believe I'd go for the chunkiest, most aggressive tread I could find in 285/60/18. That way I'd also get a little added clearance from the tires.

Quick Reply: Dune Grappler DT NITTO