Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by CollieRover
i got the right speed sensor in, was good for 10 minutes, and now is telling me that the left speed sensor output is low again.

good grief.

is it possible not having the bracket behind the hub is causing it?
My amigos were turning on, but not staying on. I noticed on my scangauge that the 1590 was there, so I thought maybe not clearing that was doing something, so I cleared that code.

I restarted the truck, drove and the amigos come on, but no p1590 rough road code, which is strange, because I believe that is immediately thrown off if the ABS ECU finds a fault.

So, I got my amigo out, and tested the system. It showed no active faults, but a logged fault. So that got me thinking that possibly the logged fault stayed there, and is causing the amigos. It sort of defies logic, because I think that the ABS AMigo clears the codes logged or otherwise, but maybe, just maybe a logged fault had stayed in the system.

I cleared the codes a few times so it showed no active or logged faults.

Went on a test drive and the amigos did not come back on during the 20 minute test drive, but sometimes it takes longer, sometimes not.

We'll see if I get lucky.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I click on the VI lub link it gives me some "related search" BS - I assume that the linked-to page is no longer there. Can someone please give me a working link for this. Thanks guys and gals!
-Pilsner

Last edited by pilsner; 01-20-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea if anyone has a working link, or if anyone has the material let me know and I can host it for the members here

Thanks
Frankie

Old 03-08-2017, 06:22 AM
TReK
Received 761 Likes on 629 Posts

The working VI link is in the very first post on this thread. ABS Mod - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you for your contribution to the community, it is a great asset for a lot of us. I performed this fix using the tutorial but once I saw the general idea I got lazy and just sort of dived in. It amazes me how much misinformation is floating around in various threads so to clarify for anyone who happens to stumble up this post since I'm sure it's been touched upon in the hundreds of other responses, YOU ARE NOT BYPASSING A SAFETY MECHANISM AND IT PERFORMS THE SAME FUNCTION AS IT WOULD OR SHOULD BE FROM THE FACTORY

for some reason, people seem to think that this is bypassing the entire abs system. It is basically just replacing a bad connection between two parts with a good one

I used a 2x4 block to support the unit and it took about an hour, would probably be able to do it in half that now knowing what it entails

Super easy, no bleeding brakes. My soldering iron wouldn't make enough heat to combat the cold weather here so I used some crimp caps. I also didn't use the trailer connector but regular 16 gauge wire I had laying around. So while soldering would be preferable, the resistance with crimping showed no difference if you are feeling lazy like me

Old 04-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after many frustrating attempts to get rid of the 3 amigos including replacing the shuttle valve and seals, i stumbled across this MOD and so far no codes or lights.

THANKS SO FREAKING MUCH!

Old 05-04-2017, 03:34 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Have had mine done for about 3 months now and it works like a charm. Should have done it sooner!!!

Old 05-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Finally did the fix tonight. Tried to use a butane powered soldering iron, but that thing SUCKED. By the time I got everything tucked in nice I had run out of light, so I'll bleed the system in the morning and see if it stays fixed.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:44 AM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by CollieRover
My amigos were turning on, but not staying on. I noticed on my scangauge that the 1590 was there, so I thought maybe not clearing that was doing something, so I cleared that code.

I restarted the truck, drove and the amigos come on, but no p1590 rough road code, which is strange, because I believe that is immediately thrown off if the ABS ECU finds a fault.

So, I got my amigo out, and tested the system. It showed no active faults, but a logged fault. So that got me thinking that possibly the logged fault stayed there, and is causing the amigos. It sort of defies logic, because I think that the ABS AMigo clears the codes logged or otherwise, but maybe, just maybe a logged fault had stayed in the system.

I cleared the codes a few times so it showed no active or logged faults.

Went on a test drive and the amigos did not come back on during the 20 minute test drive, but sometimes it takes longer, sometimes not.

We'll see if I get lucky.
Did not get lucky. I will now have to get to the sensor and see how it looks, and also see if anything is going wrong at the ECU.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:11 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

DII Modifications - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I. new site link. but the 3 amigos link is no longer on the site.

Quick Reply: ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)