Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leaks, water leaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leaks, water leaks

My truck is really testing my patience..mechanically it is finally running good but now I have these water leaks. I am getting a waterleak from the right rear of headliner during rain storms. The water builds up at the rear AC vent. The rear sunroof is completely sealed with
sealant and the spray on coating that comes in a can. Previously I was getting a lot more water on the rear headliner, since the sealing that problem has gone away. I am guessing the
R/R alpine window is leaking? The seal looks crusty. Is this a job a glass shop should be doing? Last summer I had the headliner redone and fixed the sunroof drains and water tested to make sure the roof rail mounts are not leaking.
The second leak is from the back door. Visual inspection looks aligned and straight. I did adjust the door striker inner so the door would close tighter but does not work. I use a piece of paper on the seal and close the door, the paper slides out with little to no tension. The seal looks ok..water comes in with a water hose and also when driving in the rain. This has be fixed. My spare tire is a stock 16" with a 265-65-16 Duratrac tire, maybe the weight has shifted the door? Should a body shop correct this or replace the seal first, the seal is not cheap even through mail order.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seals do tend to squish over time and then not seal correctly but you may be able to find one at a salvage yard for cheap to give it a try, or order one from Paul Grant he is one of the most trusted parts source we can refer to you! As for your air plane window you could remove it and then use silicone sealant made for automotive glass cut the window out then clean the surfaces real good and apply sealant press window into place and use duct tape to hold in place for the drying/bonding time. You will save yourself alot of money!

Old 12-20-2012, 02:24 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I will look deeper into that when I have some time. We are scheduled here in N. Cal to get some good rain for the next 3 days. I will park the truck in the garage to avoid water leaks issues for now.