Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

Known System Versions, Software Updates, and Service Bulletin Campaigns

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 12:46 AM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytoman
I took my disco in for the b pillar rattle on weds. I got a call this morn (Fri) that the rattle has been fixed...so maybee its not major surgery??
I also had them fix the rear wiper which has a mind of its own...they had to order a new wiper motor.
I also told them that I needed the fuel gauge corrected. When they called this morning they told me it will need a new fuel pump sending unit. So they have to drop the tank and replace it.
HSE_LUX does this sound like what they did to yours, or was it a computer reflash?
We really hope your dealer sent it to a reputable body shop that doesn’t do shortcuts…..
To do the pillar weld repair they would’ve needed it for more than just two days along with several miscellaneous parts required to be replaced to do the job correctly. Everything has to come out, even the glass in the roof according to Land Rover’s own service bulletin. The surface has to be completely striped of all paint and corrosion undercoating, the pillars are then drilled out and re-welded adding an additional butt weld; then the new welds all need to be ground down smooth, the surface re-prepped with the anti corrosion coating; after that dries it has to be primed and repainted (allowed some dry time), and reassembled with new seals for the glass, ect. We dropped ours off on Tuesday and it won’t be ready until next week. The dealer gave us a wait time of at least six days to have it done right.

Our rear wiper started doing what it wanted to also just a few days before we took it in for the weld repair. How strange….

The fuel gauge fix on ours was a system calibration issue and the work order said it was just software update/patch/reprogram to correct it, not a sending unit replacement.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by HSE_LUX
We really hope your dealer sent it to a reputable body shop that doesn’t do shortcuts…..
To do the pillar weld repair they would’ve needed it for more than just two days along with several miscellaneous parts required to be replaced to do the job correctly. Everything has to come out, even the glass in the roof according to Land Rover’s own service bulletin. The surface has to be completely striped of all paint and corrosion undercoating, the pillars are then drilled out and re-welded adding an additional butt weld; then the new welds all need to be ground down smooth, the surface re-prepped with the anti corrosion coating; after that dries it has to be primed and repainted (allowed some dry time), and reassembled with new seals for the glass, ect. We dropped ours off on Tuesday and it won’t be ready until next week. The dealer gave us a wait time of at least six days to have it done right.

Our rear wiper started doing what it wanted to also just a few days before we took it in for the weld repair. How strange….

The fuel gauge fix on ours was a system calibration issue and the work order said it was just software update/patch/reprogram to correct it, not a sending unit replacement.

Yes, Ive heard many ownwers say their rear wiper is doing the same thing, it seems as though the the rear wiper gremlin is very common. Even though there is no service bulletin on Topix. They ordered a new wiper motor for it.

Well I thought the fuel gauge fix was a software calibration issue and I mentioned that to my service advisor. I told him that I read it was a sofware issue...He got a little smart assed with me and said that "you cant always believe what you read" and "everyone thinks that everything is a computer glitch"
So I sent him the service bullitens from Topix this morning.

LTB00827NAS1-'ticking' noise from b-pillar area

LTB00830NAS1-fuel gauge calibration

Along with the SDD updates.

I dont have a subscription to Topix so I couldnt drill into those bulletins to see what they involve.

We'll see I guess.

As far as the B pillar fix goes, this dealership is part of a very large auto group and they have a large and well qualified body shop right behind the dealership. I just hope they didnt shortcut.

Good news is that my rear cargo cover was waiting for me when I dropped the Disco off. LR came through for me there.

Last edited by Daytoman; 10-10-2015 at 08:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
HSE_LUX (10-10-2015)
Old 10-12-2015, 12:02 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HSE_LUX
I see you're at 9200 miles or so. Dang. I'm only just below 5000. I haven't heard anything yet. I was hoping it wasn't going to be an issue, but maybe it's still something that will happen. Oh well. At least there's a service bulletin for it so maybe the dealer will handle it properly.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:08 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by rcbjr2
I see you're at 9200 miles or so. Dang. I'm only just below 5000. I haven't heard anything yet. I was hoping it wasn't going to be an issue, but maybe it's still something that will happen. Oh well. At least there's a service bulletin for it so maybe the dealer will handle it properly.
Well, I spoke too soon. I had a rattle last night on the way home. However, I didn't have it on the way to work this morning. For those who've had the rattle, does it come and go? Thanks.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Rock Crawling

Got the DS back last week. They did not do the correct fix on the B-Pillar rattle. They did fix the fuel gauge. He admitted that I was right about it being a download. LOL! He was going to replace the fuel pump and fuel sending unit if I wouldnt have intervened.

Rear wiper is also fixed.

They did not do any other system updates like I asked them to do either, so I'll make sure those are done next time as well.

Back to the dealership. This time Im not taking it home unless I know for sure its fixed...

Last edited by Daytoman; 10-24-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:17 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by rcbjr2
Well, I spoke too soon. I had a rattle last night on the way home. However, I didn't have it on the way to work this morning. For those who've had the rattle, does it come and go? Thanks.
Yes, in my experience, it can come and go.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:38 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by Daytoman
Yes, in my experience, it can come and go.
Great. Then I guess it will reappear at some point. If it does, it better do so within the warranty period! ;-)

Old 10-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

We just picked our Discovery up from getting the B pillars repaired along with our first 10,000 mile service. It was in the shop for a total of 22 days. The pillar rattle/creaking sound is now gone and hopefully it stays that way. The body shop did an excellent repair job and even under very close inspection you can’t tell the area was welded and repainted.

A trustworthy and honest dealer makes all the difference in the world when it comes to repairs like this. At no point in time did they try to lie to us on how the repair was going to be handled or the time it was going to take to complete. They would check in to give us status updates on the repairs and even switched out our loaner vehicle because it was not working out for our needs. It’s unfortunate that the pillar repair was even needed in the first place but we are very impressed with the quality of service we received.