Go Back   Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Vehicle Line Up > Freelander
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2009, 09:50 PM

Default Land Rover Freelander Fault Codes p1161 and p2098

I have a 2004 Freelander SE with 72,000 miles on it. The check engine light has come on with the codes p1161 and p2098. I p1775 and p0705 were also on, but on subsequent readings those codes are no longer there. I believe that p1161 refers to the MAF sensor, but I have also seen that it could be "P1161 Fuel Trim Inactive Bank 2 High, depending on which manufacturer (BMW vs GM) you believe the code to be more similar too (I can't find any listing for Land Rover Codes). p2098 I think may be the o2 sensor, post catalytic converter, but I am not sure if it is the sensor or the wires that are triggering the code. Before I replace the MAF (200 dollars) and an o2 sensor (80 dollars) I had wanted to see if anyone can verify that this is infact what needs to be done since I can't seem to find Land Rover specific interpretations. Also, should I be worried about those other two codes, which I believe refer to the transmission.

Best regards,

Jonathan
Old 07-16-2009, 09:50 PM

Tags
2004, bmw, check, code, codes, diagnostic, engine, faults, freelander, land, light, p0705, p1775, p2098, rover