LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Hot/Cold Restart

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot/Cold Restart

I know this was discussed within another thread, but since this problem occurred again with my LR2, and since the conditions during which it occurs appear to be similar, I'm wondering if others are having the same problem.

IF I stop the car, cutting the engine when the humidity is very high or it is raining, AND if I leave the car sit for a while before trying to restart it, it takes about 6-8 tries before she'll fire up. I'm thinking it is linked to a hot engine/cool rain & humidity combination, but I'm confused (as is the dealer) as to why this is happening only sometimes, and not all the time under the same conditions.

Originally, we'd thought it happened after driving the car for a long range (it happened after I'd driven a straight 400 miles), and it happened after a rather short 70 mile trip I'd made in the fall rain. The last time, it was only drizzling out, it WAS cool, since this is Vermont and it was November. Dealer hasn't received a service bulletin on it yet, and I'm wondering if anyone who is having this problem has taken the car to the dealer, so it can be reported to Land Rover?