LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Fault

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:55 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

code readers are just that, code readers, for two hundred bucks you can't even look at pids. its basically a one time solution for guys to look up codes and ask us technicians for the answer.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default F...M.....L!!! Sensor Replacement

Thursday Night, April 26, 2012 - 9:00 PM in Dark Driveway..

Last night I proceeded to attempt what I though would be an easy remove, plug and play replacement.

I removed the rear right tire from my Rover, found the Height sensor location, and stared at it intently to figure out how to remove each end of it. The lower part (opposite side from the connection) came off with some gentle help from a flat-head screw driver.

As "therealassmikeg" notes in previous reply, the connected side is attached to a small metal bracket with two hex screws. After wrestling to get my fat fingers and hands in position to loosen, i was able to get both off. As he also notes, releasing the connector was a freaking bit*h, and i DID break both tabs. NOT ideal given there is vibration and I assume now, eventually, the thing could vibrate and disconnect while I'm driving.

I then went to put the new one on.

"therealassmikeg" was once again right. The new sensor comes with some sort of metal bracket. I attempted to use the OLD screws to tighten the new sensor in place, but the holes in the new sensor bracket were too small for the screws from the OLD sensor.

I then realize there were two screws tightened inside of the new sensor (in opposite holes). I assumed there were there to us, so I removed them, and went for re-install.

Now, the bracket is a square...with four holes - one at each corner. The Bracket on the rover is designed to screw on top left and bottom right (hence, two screws). When you do this, the sensors' female connection is vertical (sticking straight up in the air attached to the bracket, so the male just goes down into it).

Well, I got all the way here before I realized that the Holes in the bracket would NOT align up in the correct corners when the female on the sensor was vertical - HENCE, did the dip **** at the parts store give me the sensor for the left side, and not the right??

By this time, the screws for the old sensor were strewn about my driveway, and I had to re-install it with ONE screw. F. M. L.

I drove the vehicle and we're not only getting the suspension default now, but the tire (via the nav screen) appears to be falling off the truck, and the vehicle lowers to an unheard of height. I feel like I'm in a low rider and after my commute this morning I could swear my *** was bleeding from feeling every nook and cranny in the road.

Did I buy the wrong sensor or did I just not see something that should have been obvious?

Old 04-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Unfortunately Land Rover requires 4 different height sensors. So these are added to the kit;

LR020157 Front suspension, Ride control, Front sensor, lr3, right - w/air suspension- W/AIR SUSPENSION 1 $44.22 *
LR020155 Front suspension, Ride control, Front sensor, lr3, left - w/air suspension- W/AIR SUSPENSION 1 $44.22 *
LR020161 Rear suspension, Ride control, Rear sensor, lr3, right - w/air suspension- W/AIR SUSPENSION 1 $44.22 *
LR020159 Rear suspension, Ride control, Rear sensor, lr3, left - w/air suspension- W/AIR SUSPENSION 1 $44.22 *