General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Range Rover Country Questons- Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 07:28 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Range Rover Country Questons- Newbie

Hi, I have always liked these trucks and have considered purchasing one as a second veichle (this year). I see a few of them for sale on Ebay and many have common repairs done like stearing box, air suspension, headliner and the like. If you find one that has been well cared for, are these reliable trucks to own?? How expensive will it be to maintain one (if you find one that has had the comon repairs done and the maintance is documented)?

My other veichle is a 97Lexus LX450 and I am a big fan of vintage rugged built 4X4s. Would the 95 Range Rover Country be a good choice?

Thanks

Andrew

Old 09-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Winching
Default RE: 95 Range Rover Country Questons- Newbie

They are luxury SUV's in the States. Up keep is very expensive.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear

I understand that. Same issue with my LX450 (Land Cruiser). I do most all preventative maintance myself (oil, tranny, diff and all other fluids and tune up, oxygen senors, EGR and the like). I do NOT do major engine repairs myself or other more involved repairs. With a second veichle, I can treat it like a hobby.

My question is if you drive one of these as a weekend veichle and do most preventative maintance yourself, is it normal to be plagged with major repairs. Also, how do these veichles hold up as the age (now 10 years old). With them being so rugged, it would seem like they would age better and be more "drivable" as they age compared to common SUVs. As a second veichle,would major repairs still eat me up even if I find a well maintaned one.

Thanks

Old 09-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Overlanding

This isn't for everyone. If you hate having to repair your truck constantly and hate dealing with mechanics that don't know how to repair it. This truck isn't for you. I would pick up a 1979 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4 instead. I currently own a 1979 Dodge Ramcharger, 1978 Jeep CJ7 and a 1992 Range Rover. Guess which one is constantly having problems. I was lucky not to buy the Range Rover with the air suspension or that would be another thing on the list that doesn't work. This truck was badly designed. The engine is a joke and the electrical is second only to a Porsche 928 in giving their owners tons of headaches. If you buy one be prepared to spend hours hunting down parts. They tend to overheat a lot. The radiator in these trucks are badly designed. Best solution would be to remove the engine, trans and radiator and installing a Chevy 350 V8 from the junkyard.