Go Back   Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Vehicle Line Up > Range Rover
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 06:59 PM

Default Tire Pressure Light

My 2008 Range Rover HSE has had the tire pressure light on for a month. I have taken it to the dealership 4 times now and no one seems to know why it is coming on. Sometimes there is also the message to "check all tire pressure" but the tires are fine. At first they said the tires were over inflated so they let some air out. Then they said the little metal Nitro Fill caps were interfering with the sensor so they changed to plastic caps. Now they are puzzled. Has anyone had experience with this issue?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:33 PM

What kind of rims/tires do you have?
1998 Jaguar XJ8 110k Miles
2003 Land Rover Discovery 118k Miles
Old 06-09-2011, 08:39 PM

I have Michelin Tour Hp tires 19 with standard factory rims filled with Nitrogen.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Does anyone have advice on this one??? Should I push the issue with the dealership or just live with the flashing light and tire pressure warnings? I would really like to be able to trust the tire pressure sensor. My Rove is crying "wolf"....
Old 06-13-2011, 08:08 PM

We have had this problem many times with our escalade. We have had a sensor replaced once. However, what seems to do the trick, is Deflating the tires to nearly flat (not all the way). Then inflating the tires to their max pressure (or slightly above, just be careful), and then finally setting them to their recommended pressure. This sends the sensors to their min and max position. Sometimes they get stuck... Idk if it will work with the range, but it might be worth a shot. If you still have the problem, I would keep bugging the dealership until they fix it. Provided it is still under warranty... If it isn't, you might consider taking it to a shop that specializes in rovers instead of paying the dealer premium.
1998 Jaguar XJ8 110k Miles
2003 Land Rover Discovery 118k Miles
Old 06-13-2011, 08:08 PM

Tags
2008, 40, air, check, hse, inflated, iphone, land, light, monitor, pressure, presure, range, rover, tire, tires, tyre