Sights N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and Freelanders.

Tough Terrain & Deep Water

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 05:49 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tough Terrain & Deep Water

This is the afternoon section of a brilliant day we did recently in Bala forest. Some challenging terrain and some nice deep water.

It also shows us driving up the track that when driving back down we had the accident on, so an interesting alternate look at the terrain where our mate rolled his 90.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

that.s a really nice train we call that a mix grade 3 - 4 here .. but your mate has to be really in-experienced , he never slowed or stopped at the point to access the Tilt angle ..an there was no spotter either ....a lot more could have to the passenger/and passenger side ...you guys were lucky this time ...

safety if the first thing you learn in off roading , and knowing how to get over the danger is the second......

have fun , but be careful...

Old 05-26-2015, 04:36 AM
Mudding

Thinking about it, he only started coming out with us about 11 months ago so your probably right about the inexperience.

We had driven up and down that track a few times during the day to access other areas and it never once occurred to me that it might be dangerous or tricky in anyway. Maybe there was some complacency as well.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Rock Crawling

No insult intended by the way ... but we are just as excited to go driving off road ..( myself included ) and we never really see any danger until its to late ....and boy do we wish we could undo it then ... we don't count experience by time , we count it by hours of actual off road driving ..make sense ?

here we don't let new drivers drive on the first run ... they ride shot gun ...second run we switch ...and someone experience rides along for at least 3 - 4 runs after on different terrain .. then you are on your own.....

reason why i'm sort of giving it to you straight up is -
i almost lost a friend who's LR , he powered over a rut , slid of, flip over then started sliding and barrel roll down a hill , he spent some weeks in the hospital ... and never off roaded after for some years .. and this happen as a result of wanting to prove he could pass ...( for bragging rights )..

long and short - always have someone/s access to terrain and use a spotter to guide , get ropes , lots of long strong ones, they always come in handy , and don't be to

i just don't want to see anyone get hurt , simply because they did not know how dangerous it could be at times...

go green and have fun guys...

Old 05-27-2015, 04:37 AM
Mudding

Yeah I know where you are coming from but it just doesn't happen like that here in the UK. For one the terrain is rarely that severe that it warrants being any kind of risk. Where it is then we will obviously stop and take a look first. Nothing on this trip looked like that at all, the track where the accident happened included.

It's interesting what you say about riding shotgun for a while. That would probably be useful but it just doesn't happen in the UK. Maybe it's because we are so PC and safety conscious anyway that no-one tends to push the car to the limits because they have to drive a long way home safely afterwards.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Rock Crawling

Ahh i see what your saying , its true we are never really as far from home as you guys are most times... but life's an Adventure with a Land Rover , and only "One life Live it" so have fun guys ......