2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 June Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 03:53 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 2022 XS the update screen lists no recent update and also does not show a version. I asked the dealer to check for updates and they said there were none.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:21 PM
BBS
Drifting
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, on newly delivered Rover products with Pivi, it doesn't show a sys version because it is still running the factory flash, It usually takes anywhere from 2-8 weeks for an update to become available for your vehicle, and when it is, the system will prompt you to install it. There's no way I've seen to get it "pushed" to you, and the dealer's seem to have no control over those parts of the software. There are other software modules that the dealer's can help with and update such as auto start stop, but they don't seem to have any way to force Pivi.

All of this wouldn't be a big deal if Pivi was a more mature solution than it is, but IMO LR put most of their effort into engineering an amazing performance vehicle in the Defender and shipped them before Pivi it was fully baked. I have to think that as new RR and RRS debut, they will be sure that Pivi gets where it needs to be as those customers won't be nearly as tolerant a bunch as us

The following users liked this post:
Magnumforc (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 11:30 AM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BBS
There's no way I've seen to get it "pushed" to you, and the dealer's seem to have no control over those parts of the software. There are other software modules that the dealer's can help with and update such as auto start stop, but they don't seem to have any way to force Pivi.
well, that would be a change because they have full flashing access to InControl Touch Pro. When the original OTA updating software release came out (early 2019?) I had them put it on my '17 D5, they had to embark on a journey of like 6 sequenced flashes (basically starting from scratch) to get it all installed. took about 4-5 hours.

Originally Posted by BBS
All of this wouldn't be a big deal if Pivi was a more mature solution than it is, but IMO LR put most of their effort into engineering an amazing performance vehicle in the Defender and shipped them before Pivi it was fully baked. I have to think that as new RR and RRS debut, they will be sure that Pivi gets where it needs to be as those customers won't be nearly as tolerant a bunch as us
I'll admit I'm new to PP on my '22 D5, but aside from the fact that they can't seem to get the car to register with the InControl backend , it doesn't seem too bad. Does anyone know who does the hardware for Pivi Pro? Somewhere I thought I read Panasonic might be behind it.

They'll get there, they made a lot of progress on the performance of ICTP over the years.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:27 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eelpout
erm, what does this actually reset? i.e. do you have to log in to InControl again, do you loose any saved settings etc.? I have a new D5 with Pivo Pro and trying to catch up on this stuff.

dont bother. I’m having all the same issues with my Discovery and resetting it did nothing. I think I’m going to contact the dealer. Have a feeling they’re already aware of it. So inconvenient!

Old 07-22-2021, 02:05 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

FYI - My June 2020 build US spec P400 HSE automatically updated July 19 to OS 2.1.0a. No changes noted, other than Pivi Pro switches very fast between menus.

Old 07-22-2021, 02:14 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by PatriotDefender
FYI - My June 2020 build US spec P400 HSE automatically updated July 19 to OS 2.1.0a. No changes noted, other than Pivi Pro switches very fast between menus.
The update in question is 2.1.10e. My car is at the dealership and they are aware of the problem. I would advise NOT to update to this version until they have addressed all of the bugs in it.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:19 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Same for me. My June 2020 HSE build got the 2.1.0a and no changes noticeable. Still have some issues on Sirius channel changes while software loads but otherwise all good. Wish they would fix the iphone 12 wireless software charging issue. Dealer says early builds have to replace the actual charger and imagine the answer - backordered with no shipping date known.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:04 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hoosbest
Same for me. My June 2020 HSE build got the 2.1.0a and no changes noticeable. Still have some issues on Sirius channel changes while software loads but otherwise all good. Wish they would fix the iphone 12 wireless software charging issue. Dealer says early builds have to replace the actual charger and imagine the answer - backordered with no shipping date known.
I’ve been having problems with CarPlay. I’ll plug in my iPhone (also a12) and it’ll work fine. Then when I get somewhere, like a restaurant, I’ll take the phone with me. When I plug it in again there’s no CarPlay. Then, later in the day (when I no longer need it) it starts working again. My dealer says they’re aware of it and an update was supposed to be pushed out for it, but…well…you know.
Maybe THIS update does the trick (yeah, right)

Old 07-24-2021, 12:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Talking of software update. I received my car last week. And wanted to see if there's been any recent software updates, apparently the software update screen has no "Check for software update" soft key. And the last software update date/version are also blank. Anyone else seeing this issue or know how can I check if my software is the latest?

Old 07-24-2021, 12:52 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by p400_au
Talking of software update. I received my car last week. And wanted to see if there's been any recent software updates, apparently the software update screen has no "Check for software update" soft key. And the last software update date/version are also blank. Anyone else seeing this issue or know how can I check if my software is the latest?
Go to Settings—>all settings—> check for updates. If there’s an update available it will be displayed on the screen at startup. You’ll have the option to install or schedule the update. Since your car is new it may have the latest software.

Last edited by Pava-Rottie; 07-24-2021 at 12:58 AM.

Quick Reply: 10 June Software Update