2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

130 is now available to build on LR website

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 06:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

^^ One nit to pick with what you say, EricLockheed: I think there’s a pretty big gulf between a Sequoia and a LC, at least there always has been previously.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:41 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
^^ One nit to pick with what you say, EricLockheed: I think there’s a pretty big gulf between a Sequoia and a LC, at least there always has been previously.
you’re correct, however, no land cruiser is available in the us market anymore.
The lexus lx which is also built on the same platform as the land cruiser and sequoia has an older/uglier interior despite its recent release. Sequoia is as close you can get to a land cruiser here in the us

The following users liked this post:
Lnberger (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 07:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

I didnt realize we were never getting the 300-series. Just assumed it was late to the party. That stinks.

Ericlockheed (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 09:04 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Downright Ugly

First impression. The proportions are ungainly. It’s like a brick with headlights! Chrome trim in the wheel well…wtf, 13.5” additional length but back seats still don’t fold flat…wtf, no V8 on an even heavier frame…wtf. This model is a utter disappointment. It’s like JLR learned absolutely nothing from the feedback on the 90 and 110. If there’s a premium or wait for this hot mess, I will be shocked.

Lnberger (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 09:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Judging by the feedback JLR has given us, I won't be holding my breath for the 130 pickup variant lol

Old 05-31-2022, 10:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Third row looks pretty comfortable with the second row folded down.

More silver trim

Last edited by _Allegedly; 05-31-2022 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:58 PM
Mudding
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CombatNinja
No alpine windows really kind of ruins the look for me. Sort of surprised at what a difference it makes. They obviously had to trade them for that fixed glass panel over the 3rd row, which was a poor choice in my opinion. Nobody's going to have 3rd row passengers all that often and they can just as easily look out the little alpine windows. There is probably enough room to have made them a bit bigger than in the 110 or position them such that they do not get cut in half as in the 90. Missed opportunity to provide a bit more cohesive family design language..
I feel like for years now all people did (including myself) was complain about how all the Land Rovers look alike, so having something a bit different within the only vehicle line to actually look different does not bother me in the least. I think LR was pretty clear from the beginning that the 130 is the Premium Explorer version, so not really an off-road focused trim but rather a family hauler. I guess the massive glass roof is part of that demographic.

As others have mentioned, the Sequoia has the hump in the rear as well and that is a deal breaker for me. Thank goodness with LR you can at least delete the third row and have a flat cargo area. For me the cargo area would most often be used for two large dogs, so a flat floor is a must. I would prefer the floor be that rubberish material from the 110 but it's nothing a mat can't fix. I like the looks of those rear vents as well for the dogs as they look out the windows.

Last edited by catman; 05-31-2022 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:07 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,299 Likes on 949 Posts

No Tasman Blue white roof combo.
No 18" wheels.
No flat floor.
No flat floor. Derp!

One good thing. You can spec the rear recovery eyes for $250 on the S.
Spec'ed out similar to my 7 seater SE 110, the S is not too far off in price.

Old 06-01-2022, 05:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 634 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by catman
I feel like for years now all people did (including myself) was complain about how all the Land Rovers look alike, so having something a bit different within the only vehicle line to actually look different does not bother me in the least. I think LR was pretty clear from the beginning that the 130 is the Premium Explorer version, so not really an off-road focused trim but rather a family hauler. I guess the massive glass roof is part of that demographic.

As others have mentioned, the Sequoia has the hump in the rear as well and that is a deal breaker for me. Thank goodness with LR you can at least delete the third row and have a flat cargo area. For me the cargo area would most often be used for two large dogs, so a flat floor is a must. I would prefer the floor be that rubberish material from the 110 but it's nothing a mat can't fix. I like the looks of those rear vents as well for the dogs as they look out the windows.
This is the rear cargo area space I miss coming from an LR4. I don't want more seats, just a flat floor for the dog, ski gear and moving my daughters to and from college. Funny how guys go to college with a couple of duffle bags but girls can pack an SUV to the headliner with stuff.

Old 06-01-2022, 05:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 191 Likes on 113 Posts

No kidding. I had a modest-sized suitcase when I went to college. I thought I was big-time when I splurged on a 6-pack of socks.

Lnberger (06-01-2022)

Quick Reply: 130 is now available to build on LR website