Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Defender factory order timeline reporting

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 02:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by Juancl
Well, bear in mind West Coast adds 2 weeks, at least according to my dealer. They tell me they'll drop East Coast cars in Brunswick, then go over the canal and drop West Coast cars in Long Beach. So sounds like an East Coast car would take 6 weeks, which does not sound outrageous to justify on COVID.
No, my build is 5/7 and Atlanta delivery is 7/2. So 2 months forecast for Atlanta also.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:58 AM
Drifting
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

My dealer gave me an update on my order yesterday.
  • Order confirmed on 2/20
  • Final amendment date was moved up to 2/22 and order was locked (build sheet showed 3/10) - the only change we made in those 2 days was to add the front undershield
  • Build was completed on 4/7 (build sheet showed 4/9)
  • Delivery date has been pulled in one week to 5/28 (build sheet showed 6/4)
This is for a 2021 110 X-Dynamic SE trim and could be one of the last MY21 builds.

We are just over 6 weeks away from delivery and knowing that our vehicle is built definitely raises the level of excitement and anticipation!

Last edited by majl; 04-14-2021 at 10:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
angelboing (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 12:37 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by majl
  • Final amendment date was moved up to 2/22 and order was locked (build sheet showed 3/10) - the only change we made in those 2 days was to add the front undershield
This is for a 2021 110 X-Dynamic SE trim and could be one of the last MY21 builds.

We are just over 6 weeks away from delivery and knowing that our vehicle is built definitely raises the level of excitement and anticipation!
Its kinda crazy how the ordering system works. I get it that we have to go through dealers and they have their own ordering allocation system and its not really a first in first out ordering process but still it seems strange. My order was confirmed at the beginning of February but didn't have a build date till may (three months later). That pushed it to a my22 and a price jump of over 2k (almost 3k if I had chosen a non premium color). There are some positives for the my22 builds like the larger screen, but as a consumer its kinda crazy to see how the ordering queue appears a bit fluid especially when it ends up costing $2k to $3k more. It would be nice that once you are locked into an order, especially with a hefty deposit down, you would not be subject to price changes simply for a model year change. This is especially considering its sounding like it will take 7 months for the vehicle to arrive now.

Congrats on getting in the my21 and saving a little money.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:10 PM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by majl

Does the build sheet show your new VIN? If so, your vehicle build details should be uploaded in Topix, you can register, enter the VIN and check it out - to make sure they didn't miss anything. That should raise your level of excitement even more. https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/user/login

Moretti (04-15-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 06:35 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by umbertob
Does the build sheet show your new VIN? If so, your vehicle build details should be uploaded in Topix, you can register, enter the VIN and check it out - to make sure they didn't miss anything. That should raise your level of excitement even more. https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/user/login
Thanks for the tip. I will ask my dealer for the VIN because I don't see it on the order sheet.

Old 04-14-2021, 06:35 PM
Drifting
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Default My Order Timeline

D90s ordered on 3/13. Build date is 4/30, delivery date is 6/25. We'll see, however my sister ordered a D110 in the summer of 2020 and it arrived 2.5 weeks EARLY

Old 04-14-2021, 06:42 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Moretti
Its kinda crazy how the ordering system works. I get it that we have to go through dealers and they have their own ordering allocation system and its not really a first in first out ordering process but still it seems strange. My order was confirmed at the beginning of February but didn't have a build date till may (three months later). That pushed it to a my22 and a price jump of over 2k (almost 3k if I had chosen a non premium color). There are some positives for the my22 builds like the larger screen, but as a consumer its kinda crazy to see how the ordering queue appears a bit fluid especially when it ends up costing $2k to $3k more. It would be nice that once you are locked into an order, especially with a hefty deposit down, you would not be subject to price changes simply for a model year change. This is especially considering its sounding like it will take 7 months for the vehicle to arrive now.

Congrats on getting in the my21 and saving a little money.
Yeah clearly there were some constraints we were dealing with given my order date, lock date and delivery date. It was important for us to have the vehicle delivered as close to May 26 as possible since that is when my wife turns in her Disco Sport lease. In order to keep the late May/early June delivery date allocation slot, dealer told us that we had to take a 2021 110 X-Dynamic SE in Carpathian Grey with black interior. We could make any other changes but had to keep those three things constant. It worked out perfectly because that was the trim and color combination my wife wanted!

Old 04-14-2021, 09:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Delivery date - have VIN

Greetings...
Thank you for this thread.
I placed my order in mid dec. 2020. I got my VIN on the 4/9 of 2021 as promised. I do have an "estimate" date of delivery in May. Some time in May...
Reading here I understand that there is a TOPIX system where I can follow where the vehicle is. I did opened an account but it seems that is more technical than anything else, and is as a paid subscription. What am I missing or not doing right here ?
Thank you in advance for any sugestions.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 235 Likes on 97 Posts

At what stage would you think a VIN would be assigned? My build just locked in today ("Last Day for Spec Change") with build date of 5/14/21. I can't wait to plug it in to TOPIX and spy!

Old 04-14-2021, 11:49 PM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

The VIN is assigned on the day the car is built, and usually your dealer receives it shortly after - just ask them a day or two after your scheduled build date, if you know.

No, you can't trace the whereabouts of your new Defender on Topix after it is built in Slovakia. Best I could do was getting the name of the ocean car carrier (again, the dealer should be able to find out for you) and then track that ship on a web site such as Marinetraffic.com. I knew mine would be unloaded at Port Hueneme here in Southern California, so I watched the tiny icon go through its other ports of call in Western Europe, US East Coast, Gulf of Mexico, Panama canal... It was like watching paint dry honestly, excruciatingly slow.

drcoop (04-15-2021)

Quick Reply: 2021 Defender factory order timeline reporting