Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Defender factory order timeline reporting

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 06:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by timmex
Unfortunately I’m based overseas so my order sheet won’t exactly look like yours. I have like a “contract” sheet with all of my order details, color, options etc, so I’m not too worried about them getting my order wrong, however there is no mention of build date or delivery date, so I just have to take their word for it. They said since the order will be prioritised it will not be later than May. Also worth mentioning, the dealer could get me such an early build only for the P400.

Funnily enough, the last car I ordered was a 2018 Panamera Turbo and I waited for exactly 3 months from when I placed the order to driving it off, so I’m quite skeptical about the defender being here in 2 months, especially given how popular the car is but hoping they are right. I assume the build date to be somewhere around Mid April.

I’m also quite positive it will be a 2022 model, but the order sheet still says MY2021, I am not too fussed about model year though since I opted for the smaller screen anyway.
Oh my bad! Sorry for assuming you were in USA. Forget everything I said -- I have no idea how things work wherever you are.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:23 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Troutwitted
I put a down payment on a P300 on 8/19/20. I picked the car up yearterday, 3/27/21. They told me I’d originally get it in November of last year.
Whoa! That's pretty terrible! I hope they're getting caught up a little better than that.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:39 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juancl
Sounds weird. Unless your order matches one they already had coming I do not see how they could make it happen (for MY21s it’s even too late to make any changes to existing orders). My understanding is this week was one of, if not the last production week for MY21. Mine was scheduled to be built this week and delivery showed first week of June.

As someone stated ask for the order sheet, which shows all the dates and your order details.
Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Oh my bad! Sorry for assuming you were in USA. Forget everything I said -- I have no idea how things work wherever you are.
No worries at all, should have mentioned.

It is indeed not a pre existing order as I specced everything myself, however it might have something to do with the fact that I am in Europe and shipping will probably take half as much. I will be very pleasantly surprised if the car does end up coming mid may, but I’ve set my expectations for June.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

Same here. No clue how things work in Europe, but for sure your transit time is way shorter!

Old 03-28-2021, 07:38 PM
Mudding
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Hmmmm... 2021? I dunno about that. I'm far from an expert but I thought everything from here on out was 2022s?

Do you have the printout from your dealer titled "Order Details"? Mine says Build Date: 5/7, Delivery Date 7/2. We're only 5 hours from the Brunswick port by truck. I don't know why there would be 2 months worth of delay after build date, but that's what it says. Others may have a better feel for how accurate those two dates are. I'm hoping Build Date is pretty solid and Delivery Date is more of a "If everything that can go wrong does go wrong" sort of date, and that reality is it's more like a month of delivery time.

The last car I ordered was a 2015 911 GTS, which took exactly 8 weeks, to the day, from order to me driving it home.

Anyway, if you don't have that sheet I'd ask for it, if for no other reason than to make absolutely sure they ordered exactly what you told them to order.
That seems like it to me. My build date was hit on the nose. Next is, I guess, shipping. I’m trying not to hassle the dealer ok every vista update.

So funny. I was fine with the date. Until I had to wait for the date!!

Old 03-30-2021, 03:01 PM
Mudding
Received 167 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by expatbrit
D110 (base model)

Ordered in dealer allocation: 15 Jan 2021
Last Change: 17 Feb 2021
Build: 19 March
Deliver: 26 May

options:
off-road pack
towing pack
cold climate pack

That's almost the exact spec I plan on ordering

Dealer is telling me 90 days from order to delivery and that he has allocation available for a custom order - but reading this thread it seems impossible that delivery would be that quickly. I'm pretty fixed on specs and packages although they are not really able to add much info on options. For instance: what the $600 upgrade on LED lights gets you apart from DRL?

Feels like I should pay the deposit and get the order submitted ASAP for late summer / early fall delivery.

Last edited by DoctorofRocks; 03-30-2021 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:21 PM
Mudding
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RaoulMiller
That's almost the exact spec I plan on ordering

Dealer is telling me 90 days from order to delivery and that he has allocation available for a custom order - but reading this thread it seems impossible that delivery would be that quickly. I'm pretty fixed on specs and packages although they are not really able to add much info on options. For instance: what the $600 upgrade on LED lights gets you apart from DRL?

Feels like I should pay the deposit and get the order submitted ASAP for late summer / early fall delivery.
Nice! If it's really 90 days that's pretty amazing; they were fairly constant with the 5 months for me. Not sure how much of that is inside the US, and they did state that they get cars early.

I dug around on the forums for the various packs and ended up with a few more bells and whistles. Had to step away from the configurator and away from ordering, but I think I got one of the more expensive 'base' Defenders around.

Oh well!

Old 04-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 132 Likes on 63 Posts

I just received a call from my LR dealer with an update that my MY2022 P300 order is now in "Order Committed" status with a Build Date of 4/30/21 and Delivery Date of 6/25/21. I have the 11.4" screen as part of my build, and I asked if there was a possibility of it being delayed, and the response I got back was that with the committed order they don't anticipate any additional delays.

Anything can happen, of course, but it was a pretty encouraging update.

The following 2 users liked this post by RedAustinIX:
drcoop (04-01-2021), MrBreeze (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 02:25 PM
Pro Wrench

That's awesome! Hope it works out. My build date (projected, but not committed) is 5/7, so only a week or so after yours. I finalized my order on 3/25.

When did you place your order (or finalize it if you made changes during the time before it locked)? And when did they predict your build date would be? Just wondering how close they hit those dates, and how close they were to my projected date of 5/7?

My "Lock" date is 4/7 and my build date is 5/7 -- I'm wondering if your lock date was 3/30 and once you pass the lock date they convert the projected build date to a "committed build date" or something like that? Did the Build Date change after they changed the status to "Order Committed" or was there no mention of the build date and they just changed the status?

Sorry for all the questions -- just trying to see how likely my projected dates (from when I placed the order) are to be met.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 132 Likes on 63 Posts

NoGaBiker -- I think they were using a dealer allocation, because before the commit the status was listed as "Holding Pool". My last amendment date was 3/28/21, so your theory might be right about the conversion.

I originally placed my order on 2/5/21 (for what was originally supposed to be a MY2021), and then finalized the MY2022 build on 3/4/21.

No problemo on the questions! We're both in the same spot... puttering around on this forum, getting more and more excited, even though it's going to be months before we'll be in our Defenders

Quick Reply: 2021 Defender factory order timeline reporting