2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Defender factory order timeline reporting

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 03:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

Thank you sir! Email sent to CA asking if this is still possible and confirm incremental $s. This car better get here quickly or all my efforts to keep it as close as possible to a "cheap" base defender are going to fail

Old 05-03-2021, 03:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 132 Likes on 63 Posts

Here's my update... Build started a few days earlier (4/27.. originally it was 4/30). Delivery date is 6/25, and Accepted delivery is 7/2. I also received my VIN. I tried looking it up in topix as mentioned above, but there didn't seem to be much detail. Perhaps it takes a few days for this area to be populated? All it shows is the year and model. There's a bunch of stuff for "campaigns", which appear to be warranty-related stuff.

Has anyone else been able to see more details about their config? I'd really like to confirm a few things (are the seats full leather) and also whether premium LEDs were added (the MY2022 configurator forces you to get them... perhaps for auto leveling with air suspension?).

The following users liked this post:
drcoop (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 04:05 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by RedAustinIX
Here's my update... Build started a few days earlier (4/27.. originally it was 4/30). Delivery date is 6/25, and Accepted delivery is 7/2. I also received my VIN. I tried looking it up in topix as mentioned above, but there didn't seem to be much detail. Perhaps it takes a few days for this area to be populated? All it shows is the year and model. There's a bunch of stuff for "campaigns", which appear to be warranty-related stuff.

Has anyone else been able to see more details about their config? I'd really like to confirm a few things (are the seats full leather) and also whether premium LEDs were added (the MY2022 configurator forces you to get them... perhaps for auto leveling with air suspension?).
Presuming you got an S model the seats should be leather and robust woven textile.

Old 05-03-2021, 04:28 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

Click on "Minor features".

Old 05-03-2021, 04:40 PM
Rock Crawling

Moretti - yes, but the latest MY2022 configurator for S models shows full leather seats.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:04 PM
Winching

Moretti - yes, but the latest MY2022 configurator for S models shows full leather seats.
The order guide lists leather and robust woven textile.

The configurator looks inconsistent to me.

The configurator seems to show only leather on the area where you select the color, but right above it it says grained leather and robust woven textile.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:16 PM
Rock Crawling

Moretti - wow, you have a sharp eye. I overlooked that! The photos/description do seem to point toward a full leather interior. I'll post here what I find out from my rep.

Umbertob -- I didn't see a "minor features" section... just a bunch of links (most of which I wasn't authorized to view apparently) to docs, service manuals, etc. With my build date being 4/27, is it possible that this stuff isn't updated for my order yet?

Old 05-03-2021, 05:23 PM
Winching

Moretti - wow, you have a sharp eye. I overlooked that! The photos/description do seem to point toward a full leather interior. I'll post here what I find out from my rep.

Umbertob -- I didn't see a "minor features" section... just a bunch of links (most of which I wasn't authorized to view apparently) to docs, service manuals, etc. With my build date being 4/27, is it possible that this stuff isn't updated for my order yet?
I agree that the photo also looks like its full leather. I compared to the XS model with the Windsor leather (side by side) and the interior photos look identical in the seat areas.

On the XS model the configurator shows exterior photos with the smoked tail lights like the X and V8 has. I cant figure out if that is a mistake or not. My Sales rep ignored my email about that one.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:37 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

This is what I see on my desktop (the interface on a mobile device is a bit different.)

TopiX screen after I enter my VIN:

Click on the "View all vehicle details" link above the small photo:

Click on the Minor Features tab:

Hope this helps. If the Minor Features tab is not there, it may indeed be too early to check - although from recollection mine was available the very first day my dealer gave me the VIN (a day or two after the buold date).

Old 05-03-2021, 06:05 PM
Rock Crawling

Umbertob - thank you so much for that additional detail. Yes, it must be too early as I don't see those additional items on my screen (yet)!

Quick Reply: 2021 Defender factory order timeline reporting