Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 05:46 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman153
Got an update on my order, went in an submitted the 2022 model year changes yesterday, and today we finally got a build date assigned, projected delivery is August 6th. I'm in Vancouver, BC, and for anyone else in Canada I've attached the 2022 model year build sheet with canadian pricing on it. The options and changes seem identical to the US sheet.

Only changes I really made was just removing the comfort&convenience pack as the meridian audio is now standard. of course added the air suspension back and the bigger screen, also decided to change to black interior as it's all leather now. price ended up being around 1k more.
Did you order an HSE?

Old 03-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Mudding
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Did you order an HSE?
Nope, got a P300 S, pangea green with all the black exterior options. as I mentioned above, I wasn't a fan of the P400 engine, bit of a bummer you can't get the power/cooled seats on the S, that's about the only option I would have liked that the S didn't have. Still seems crazy to me that a car like this can even have manual seats, but it is what it is.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:00 PM
Winching

Nope, got a P300 S, pangea green with all the black exterior options. as I mentioned above, I wasn't a fan of the P400 engine, bit of a bummer you can't get the power/cooled seats on the S, that's about the only option I would have liked that the S didn't have. Still seems crazy to me that a car like this can even have manual seats, but it is what it is.
Ah. The S model has all leather in Canada?

Old 03-05-2021, 06:06 PM
Mudding

Ah. The S model has all leather in Canada?
This is a change for the 2022 model year. I believe it is the same in the US as well from looking at the sheet someone else posted on here. All trims (except x-dynamic) get all leather standard, meridian is also standard, this is from the order sheet :

STANDARD EQUIPMENT CHANGES
• Wireless Device Charging has been replaced by Wireless Device Charging with Signal Booster
• Meridian Sound System is now standard on S and X-Dynamic S trims
• Meridian Surround Sound System is now standard on all SE and X-Dynamic SE trims and above
• Sliding Panoramic Roof is now standard on SE and X-Dynamic SE trims and above
• Coil Suspension replaces air suspension (now optional) on Defender 110 S, SE, X-Dynamic SE
• Auto-dimming rear view mirror is replacing Clearsight rear view mirror on SE, X-Dynamic SE

Interior Options
• Clearsight Rear View Mirror now optional on SE, X-Dynamic SE and X-Dynamic HSE
• Core Cars (non X-Dynamic) now feature full leather seating surfaces

Last edited by Iceman153; 03-05-2021 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:11 PM
Winching

That is not quite the same as the USA in 22 unfortunately. The S and SE models has Leather and Robust Woven Textile.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:24 PM
Mudding

That is not quite the same as the USA in 22 unfortunately. The S and SE models has Leather and Robust Woven Textile.
Oh wow, you are right. Most of the other changes seemed the same, I assumed this was too. To be honest I didn't mind the fabric accents on the seats, but I'm also not complaining about them being all leather, easier to clean. Originally ordered Khaki interior, but after seeing a bunch of photos of it in real life and realizing it doesn't look at all green like the build tool shows and is really just a drab brown I'm glad I got the chance to change it.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:32 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Is the integrated air compressor available on MY22? I can't seem to find in on the build sheet.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:37 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by nerve64
Is the integrated air compressor available on MY22? I can't seem to find in on the build sheet.
I suspect this is a dealer installed item, which probably explains why it's not on the build sheet.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Winching

Oh wow, you are right. Most of the other changes seemed the same, I assumed this was too. To be honest I didn't mind the fabric accents on the seats, but I'm also not complaining about them being all leather, easier to clean. Originally ordered Khaki interior, but after seeing a bunch of photos of it in real life and realizing it doesn't look at all green like the build tool shows and is really just a drab brown I'm glad I got the chance to change it.
I test drove a 2020 HSE with Khaki interior. It was pretty green.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:47 PM
Mudding

I test drove a 2020 HSE with Khaki interior. It was pretty green.
Now that you mention it I saw one at the dealer too actually, it's almost been 3 months so I'm forgetting. Found the photos from then and they are more green than the dealer photos I was just looking at, but they are definitely more drab and not as dark as the build tool shows. Anyway, It's all a personal journey, maybe by the time it arrives I'll have changed my mind again. Black is definitely the safe choice, in the end it won't really matter anyway, it'll be just as awesome either way.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now