Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 03:59 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Is the timeline you are quoting for ordering based on the that dealerships allocation?
my dealer here in CA quoted a similar timeline.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:39 PM
Mudding
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Is the timeline you are quoting for ordering based on the that dealerships allocation?
Originally Posted by boch
I put a deposit down on a 2021 Defender 110 in mid-January. The dealer has not had allocation to submit orders since then.

Dealer confirmed today that no more 2021 orders will be accepted by the factory.

They do not know when they will be able to submit 2022 orders. The sales manager suspects at least a month until they can order (mid-March) and 3-4 months for delivery once placed.
Man. Same timeframe — I hadn’t thought to ask if they got a February allocation

Old 02-16-2021, 10:30 AM
Mudding

my dealer told me this morning they've been told that first week in March, 2022 orders can start.

Old 02-16-2021, 11:17 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by eelpout
my dealer told me this morning they've been told that first week in March, 2022 orders can start.
Someone on the board said they were told the same thing a couple weeks back, so we are tracking some consistency on that.

Will be interesting to see when the 22 builder opens up on the LR site.

Old 02-17-2021, 03:18 PM
Winching

Anyone recall when the 2021 build site opened relative to when dealers were taking orders or had info on the 21 builds to place orders? We are almost in March. I would assume the build info and options/pricing would be out any day then?

Old 02-17-2021, 03:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Anyone recall when the 2021 build site opened relative to when dealers were taking orders or had info on the 21 builds to place orders? We are almost in March. I would assume the build info and options/pricing would be out any day then?
I'm excited to see the 2022 option list. My 2021 is scheduled to arrive 4/9. I might switch to 2022 if they make any major changes to the option list. I'm hoping they will offer the following:
- All leather seat option w/o fabric
- black a-pillar and window square with body color roof
- square exhaust tips
- upgraded sound system in SE model

Old 02-17-2021, 03:51 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by DallasBBQ
I'm excited to see the 2022 option list. My 2021 is scheduled to arrive 4/9. I might switch to 2022 if they make any major changes to the option list. I'm hoping they will offer the following:
- All leather seat option w/o fabric
- black a-pillar and window square with body color roof
- square exhaust tips
- upgraded sound system in SE model
Your build date is in two days right? Have you been notified anything from your dealer about a delay or would your dealer allow you to swap to a 2022?

I think your suggestions would all be great. I also wish you could get the brown leather option like the X has on the HSE.

Old 02-17-2021, 04:03 PM
Mudding

in my experience the (consumer) US build site lags others. Canada had it a couple weeks before the US if I remember right. I'd always check the UK site first to look for any changes anyway (aside from engines which don't coincide with here).

Old 02-18-2021, 10:58 AM
7th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boch
I put a deposit down on a 2021 Defender 110 in mid-January. The dealer has not had allocation to submit orders since then.

Dealer confirmed today that no more 2021 orders will be accepted by the factory.

They do not know when they will be able to submit 2022 orders. The sales manager suspects at least a month until they can order (mid-March) and 3-4 months for delivery once placed.
I also placed an order for a 2021 Defender X on Jan 11, 2021. The dealer has also not received allocation to submit orders since then. Latest news is that order will not be received until 2022MY...and no date stated for that. It sounds like Discovery and I-PACE are also in similar state.

In doing a little research, it would appear that Vitra, Slovakia is in the middle of a severe Covid outbreak and lockdown. It may be affecting manufacturing for Land Rover. Dealer could neither confirm or deny the situation.

According to the dealer, there are no build dates being issued nationwide and no indication when new builds would be accepted.

Anybody else seeing this?

Old 02-18-2021, 11:11 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Your build date is in two days right? Have you been notified anything from your dealer about a delay or would your dealer allow you to swap to a 2022?

I think your suggestions would all be great. I also wish you could get the brown leather option like the X has on the HSE.
I'm going to check with the dealer tomorrow. I was told the "build" date listed is the completion date. I'm crossing my fingers that my Defender is finished tomorrow.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now