Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcdooogs
I'm in a similar situation, waiting for my order (placed early July) to make it through whatever it takes to get the build scheduled, but my dealer's estimate is December-January. I know that doesn't help much but I'd guess we'd be smart to set our expectations to the more conservative dates.
yeah, I guess, we just gotta be patient and wait for their response.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:59 PM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kpd122
We placed our P300 order at the very end of June, with a build date of 8/27. Planned delivery is set for early Nov.
thanks for sharing and good to know. November is not that bad actually. I hope you get it on time.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:12 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

My defender was built in mid july. I inquired with my dealer today about finding out what ship it was on so that I could track it. He said that JLR does not disclose that level of detail to them.

Now I know a lot of you have found out which ship yours was on (if you guys are still around). I am curious how you figured that out if your sales rep cant see it internally?

Old 08-05-2021, 05:18 PM
Overlanding
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
My defender was built in mid july. I inquired with my dealer today about finding out what ship it was on so that I could track it. He said that JLR does not disclose that level of detail to them.

Now I know a lot of you have found out which ship yours was on (if you guys are still around). I am curious how you figured that out if your sales rep cant see it internally?
Wow. That's quite a stunning response - that "JLR does not disclose that level of detail to them". I know at least my salesperson and JLR dealer, as well as many others, are knowledgeable on how to obtain and disclose this information. That's how all of us here have been constantly commenting about ships, departures, arrivals, ports, etc. Perhaps this is a new salesperson to the JLR brand?

Last edited by bobbyz95; 08-05-2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2021, 05:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

I call BS on that dealer. In my case my CA emailed me the ship information.

The following 2 users liked this post by Juancl:
GrouseK9 (08-05-2021), TrioLRowner (08-09-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 05:26 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by bobbyz95
Wow. That's quite a stunning response - that "JLR does not disclose that level of detail to them". I know at least my salesperson and JLR dealer, as well as many others, are knowledgeable on how to obtain and disclose this information. That's how of us here have been constantly commenting about ships, departures, arrivals, ports, etc. Perhaps this is a new salesperson to the JLR brand?
Originally Posted by Juancl
I call BS on that dealer. In my case my CA emailed me the ship information.
I dont think my sales rep is new to JLR but lets just say that my experience with Land Rover of Portland has been less than anything to write home about (Ironically today is 6 months since I gave them my 5k deposit). Still 45-60 days to go...

Old 08-05-2021, 05:44 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,505 Likes on 1,016 Posts

I emailed my dealer and asked him about getting ship info and he said, as soon as he gets the info he'll let me know, (or words to that effect). Said it's usually 30-45 days from build to ship.

Seems like your dealer is either out of the loop or just being a bit of a see-you-next-Tuesday.

Old 08-05-2021, 06:16 PM
Mudding
Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

ALL dealers have access to this information. There is absolutely no reason why your dealer could not give you the information you ask, even if just verbally. My sales guy would text me every few weeks with an update like this--where you can see lower right the vessel as "Horizon Highway":

The following 3 users liked this post by TheMoke:
bobbyz95 (08-05-2021), GrouseK9 (08-05-2021), Moretti (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 06:43 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMoke
ALL dealers have access to this information. There is absolutely no reason why your dealer could not give you the information you ask, even if just verbally. My sales guy would text me every few weeks with an update like this--where you can see lower right the vessel as "Horizon Highway":
Do you think your dealer could find my VIN number and provide an update? I was told mine would be here on 8/20. That's only 15 days away and I've not heard a thing from the dealer in over 2 weeks. Aren't we approaching the shipping date pretty quickly here?

Old 08-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Winching

Thank you for sharing that.

I can only imagine my dealer is clueless as it costs more time to deny its existence then to simply provide the data requested. I sent him back an email and included part of your photo. Hopefully that gets the job done.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now